Bruce's 2020 output

pacificmustang

Well, my usual First-kit-of-the-year curse bit with a vengeance this year, as not only the kit I carried over from 2019 suffered a catastrophic matt coat fail, but in quick succession a ICM Do17 and Airfix Albion tanker fell by the wayside. In the case of the Do17, literally fell!!

I glumly watched from the sidelines as my modelling mates completed build after build with no problems.

An armour kit, the AFV Club 1/35 M60A2 provided my salvation, being the first to cross the finish line around about April

finished-15 finished-13

Enhancements added were AFV Club tracks, (don't bother) and a master barrel for the M85, in addition to voyager antenna bases. A bit of a fiddly kit and I sold my remaining AFV Club M60, replacing it with the newer Takom kit.

Next, inspired by a youtube video,  commenced work on a Revell 1/48 Tornado ADV

Tornado_focustack_1

port tail

And then, for reasons still unknown, followed it with a second one

portprofile_revell_tornado rear qtr_revell_tornado_merged-3

And a third Tornado build! This one a GR4, built as a OP Telic jet, with Brassin and Reskit weapons

tornado_reveal on base tornado_reveal1

Id seriously had it with Revell Tornadoes by the stage and sold my remaining Revell 48 scale Tornado, The Desert Babe boxing, which naturally got snapped up pretty quickly by a mate

Final completed kit for the year was the IBG Models 1/35 Bedford QLT, not the most detailed kit, but still an enjoyable build

completed_bedford-2 completed_bedford-3

A Safe and Merry Xmas to all fellow Britmodellers, wherever in the world you may be

Bruce

• Like 22

Glad you got through the curse and completed some cracking builds , the Tornados look amazing , congratulations.  The IBG Bedford QL kits are lovely, I built a QLR which was very enjoyable model and looks pleasing to the eye. Your QLT looks great. 

Merry Christmas to you too, hope you can stay safe.

Chris

• Like 1

They are all superb Bruce,...... got to say that Danger Mouse from Op Telic really jumped out at me,...... or is that just my childhood? 

All the best mate,

Tony

• Haha 1