Referencing a Post by Number in a Thread

Ray_W

This has probably been covered before, but how can I reference a post without using "quote". For example, if I want to edit an earlier post and reference/point readers to a later post possibly by post number. 

Ray

Edited by Ray_W

My understanding is that the post numbering system was lost in the last major Invision update and won't be coming back anytime soon, so your preferred option is no longer viable.

You can, however "share" the post you've edited in the post you are referencing from by going to the edited post, clicking on the three little dots in the top right corner and selecting "share", the text in the "link to Post box" is then highlighted and copied, and then pasted into the reference post, thus.:-

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

My understanding is that the post numbering system was lost in the last major Invision update and won't be coming back anytime soon

Hi Dave,

Thanks for this clarification, I was sure it was there and now can no longer find it. The share and link method is what I will use.

Ray

• Like 1

Another way is if If you right-click on the "Posted....." link at the top left of a post, you can get the post's number. For example, your original post is:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085411-referencing-a-post-by-number-in-a-thread/&do=findComment&comment=3930597

and your last one is:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085411-referencing-a-post-by-number-in-a-thread/&do=findComment&comment=3931458

Not as good as the old days but there you go.

Dave

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, davecov said:

Another way is if If you right-click on the "Posted....." link at the top left of a post, you can get the post's number

Thanks Dave, handy technique.

Ray

• Like 1