Rhomboid ramblings

06/24

I've been lurking and watching this thread for a while, I love how the back stories about the figures are evolving along with the building. I've got an RPM FT lined up for the French Fancy GB, I can see now that I'm going to have to squeeze a driver in there to show how small it is. I haven't built anything pre-WWII before, but some of these new CSM WWI armoured car kits are tempting me. The Romfell Panzerwagen just looks mad. I may as well just give in, I know I will eventually.

• Like 1

I’m terrible for not finishing things, but by having lots on the go at once, I’m managing to keep my interest. Creating characters for the wee folk is probably the best bit! My son’s exams holistic assessments (who are the Scottish Govt trying to kid, it’s exams by another name) finish in a couple of weeks so hopefully I can get the desk bench back at the weekend! 

• Like 4

On 07/05/2021 at 12:46, 06/24 said:

51163966784_459580b0cc_c.jpgTrying again by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

I decided to try some different primer shades, not a real experiment as only two of the three will have similar colours applied over the top, but fun nonetheless

51162516757_55d8a94351_c.jpgTrying again by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

They look very ghostly in the top pic !!

Funnily enough my Gran said she saw a ghost when she and her other ambulance driver colleagues were billeted in an old house somewhere during WW1..she wasn't the fanciful type who'd "imagine" anything like that either, so I believed her ! 😱

• Like 1

The Modelu New Edwardians (sounds like an 80s indie band!) in 1/35 scale. 

I suspect these may have been done with a new scanner, the definition of the clothing is superb. Thanks to Alan and team for doing the military modelling scale to order and for the speedy turnaround.

51181374029_845c657ffd_c.jpgThe New Edwardians by Jon Gwinnett, on Flickr

These will become passengers in the civvy B type bus, or the London taxi. The clothing is probably slightly early, but only slightly, and I’m sure a few maiden aunts still looked quite Victorian well into the late 1920s.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

Those figures are stunning !  I'm comparing them to the funny little figs that came with the Airfix B type bus !

Modelu can supply them in 1/32...

• Like 1