Hawker Fury, 43 Squadron RAF

Hello all,

Today I have a finished Matchbox Hawker Fury - a lovely kit really, and one I look forward to building again.  Markings represent an aircraft from the RAFs 43 Squadron "Fighting Cocks" in the mid 1930s, but the red on the vertical tail is incorrect - I've learned not to always trust the instructions as a result. Otherwise I'm happy.

Hawker Fury

The photo isn't great but in the absence of any real sunlight lately, it'll have to do.

Happy holidays all,

Stay safe,

Tweener

• Like 16

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Nice work Tweener

Its good to see some of these vintage kits still being built. 

James

Lately I have found I have something of a preference for older kits, and I look forward to getting my hands on more Matchbox, classic Airfix, and Frog kits. Next up should be the MB Gladiator and possibly their Walrus after that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Natter said:

Oh, the Matchbox Fury.  Fond memories of a biplane I could build (unlike the Airfix Camel or RE8).

It was one of the first kits I ever built when I first got into modelling about 4 years ago now. I've tried several other biplanes, and only have a few to show for it. 🙃 Somehow the MB Siskin was probably the easiest of the bunch, and I look forward to doing another of those as well.

7 hours ago, John_W said:

Very nice, first Matchbox kit I ever built.

Mine as well! I've since built a Siskin as well, and failed to build their Norseman, though I plan to try that one again eventually. 

Good news! With some careful painting I was actually able to correct the red vertical stabilizer. Even better, I sourced a set of Microscale decals for Gladiators and Furies as well as a MB Gladiator to use them on. Both should arrive shortly into the new year, alongside the MB Walrus that will likely be finished as a French Navy machine. What can I say, I don't care to spend as much for a single decal option as I did for an entire kit.