1/72 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-A" by ICM - box art - release 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-A" by ICM - box art+3D renders - release 2021

Should be a lovely kit, though most of us are probably bankrupt by now having bought all the new tool recon variants + trainer from ICM...at least the box art makes it somewhat unappealing - about as exciting as looking at dried vomit, at least that will be my excuse not to buy more than 3 ... if I can get another mortgage of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Wasn't the PD variant the one with ECM blisters at the side of the intakes?

Some PD's had them, others did not. 

17 hours ago, luis pacheco said:

Hope to see Iraqi markings for the "Hornet Killer" 

Was there ever a confirmed serial for the Iraqi MiG?

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

Delighted to see ICM issuing a new tool fighter variant MiG-25 in 2021. 

Of course, this announcement comes just as my build of the old 2008 boxing heads for the paint-booth; I mean, of course it does 😫

On 12/27/2020 at 11:38 AM, Robert said:

Now a chance to do 

b83cd211f0e4952688107c9853299cde.jpg

Regards

Robert

To be SUPER picky Robert, Belenko's Foxbat was a MiG-25P, not a PD

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

To be SUPER picky Robert, Belenko's Foxbat was a MiG-25, not a PD

Well, the Belenko affair was one of the main drives behind the improved PD / PDS variants, after all. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Now a chance to do 

Belenko's jet was quite significantly different from the PD.  The nose section in front of the canopy was totally re-done - most notably, the prominent IRST bulge was added under the nose, but even the panel lines are wildly different.

Unfortunately it's pretty unlikely that ICM (or any Eastern European manufacturer) will release one, either.  The first generation Foxbats didn't have an interesting history apart from Belenko, and he's not exactly a celebrated figure there.  It'd be a bit like getting a kit of one of the 9/11 airliners.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ICMF said:
19 hours ago, Robert said:

Now a chance to do 

Belenko's jet was quite significantly different from the PD.  The nose section in front of the canopy was totally re-done - most notably, the prominent IRST bulge was added under the nose, but even the panel lines are wildly different.

Unfortunately it's pretty unlikely that ICM (or any Eastern European manufacturer) will release one, either.  The first generation Foxbats didn't have an interesting history apart from Belenko, and he's not exactly a celebrated figure there.  It'd be a bit like getting a kit of one of the 9/11 airliners.

Thank you, I was wondering about the visible differences, and the possible modifications that would have to be made to obtain Viktor Belenko's one.

D'oh.  Probably most significantly, it's also shorter.  See those two vertical panel lines between the windscreen and the pitot tube on the nose?  That section was added for the updated avionics.  So it would have to go, to be accurate, as well.  The PVD probe would be different too, and IIRC the radome changed a bit also.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, Homebee said:

ICM-72nd-scale-Mig-25-5.jpg

Model-wise, it wouldn't be hard with a proper conversion set - basically just a couple of resin pieces to replace the kit parts nose - but it'd take some elbow grease to do the conversion yourself, and it's definitely not just a matter of changing the markings.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E" by ICM - box art+3D renders - release 2021
On 23/12/2020 at 16:57, Homebee said:

New ICM Foxbat variant in 1/72nd announced - ref. 72177 - MiG-25PD "Foxbat-E"

Sources: 

https://icm.com.ua/en/aviation/mig-25-pd-3/

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1534837893375810&id=421205504739060

Box art

132317241-1534837463375853-7311833070537

ICM-72nd-scale-Mig-25-5.jpg

ICM-72nd-scale-Mig-25-6.jpg

ICM-72nd-scale-Mig-25-3.jpg

ICM-72nd-scale-Mig-25-4.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

No R-60's? The older ICM release had the dual launchers on stations 1 & 4. 🤔

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer to see if I put my older one for sale together with Condor's MiG-25PU.