Raspberry Ripple Avro 748

Thanks for the very kind comments.

I've had the kit for a long time and always wanted to do it in this scheme. The masking took a while but after painting, the model was soon finished.

Steve

Thanks.

My kit was by RugRatResins but it hasn't been available for a long time  -  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/rugratresins-rr08-001-avro-748--170769

There was another kit by S&M but I don't think this has been available for a few years either  -  https://www.scalemates.com/kits/sandm-models-smk72-17-avro-748--1023972

Alternatively there is a 3D printed one by One Man Model - http://one-man-model.main.jp/

Hopefully you can find one of these somewhere!

Steve

• Like 1

Cheers guys.

On 24/12/2020 at 12:41, Lord Riot said:

Outstanding! I wish someone would release a mainstream kit of the 748/Andover, been after one for years! 

As nice as it would be to see an injection moulded 748/Andover, I doubt very much that it will ever happen.

On 24/12/2020 at 12:50, Head in the clouds. said:

On my to do list so good to see a completed kit, and very nicely done too.

Let me know if you are planning to do it in Raspberry Ripple and want a set of decals.

Steve

On 12/26/2020 at 12:40 PM, BritJet said:

Let me know if you are planning to do it in Raspberry Ripple and want a set of decals.

Thank you very much Steve, appreciate that. I am hoping to build both a C1 and C2 and at least one will be Raspberry Ripple, if not both. Your model is 1/72 is it not? I will build in either 1/144 or 1/72, basically what ever I can get my grubby mitts on. 😀

That is really outstanding!  I love your finish on this, which is smooth and precise.  The color-scheme is spot-on, and must've taken hours to accomplish.  Bravo!  How come I didn't see this earlier?  Oh, well.  Was wondering if you wouldn't mind posing this with another aircraft to show us its relative size--say a C-47 or some-such.

BTW: S&M Models assures me they'll release an injection-molded 748 in Dan Air and Queen's Flight colors late in 2021.  Their original projected time-frame was in the summer.  

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you.

On 31/12/2020 at 16:41, Head in the clouds. said:

Thank you very much Steve, appreciate that. I am hoping to build both a C1 and C2 and at least one will be Raspberry Ripple, if not both. Your model is 1/72 is it not? I will build in either 1/144 or 1/72, basically what ever I can get my grubby mitts on. 😀

Yes it is 1/72 but I can re-scale the decals to 1/144 if you need them.

On 31/12/2020 at 17:02, TheyJammedKenny! said:

That is really outstanding!  I love your finish on this, which is smooth and precise.  The color-scheme is spot-on, and must've taken hours to accomplish.  Bravo!  How come I didn't see this earlier?  Oh, well.  Was wondering if you wouldn't mind posing this with another aircraft to show us its relative size--say a C-47 or some-such.

BTW: S&M Models assures me they'll release an injection-molded 748 in Dan Air and Queen's Flight colors late in 2021.  Their original projected time-frame was in the summer.  

The colour scheme took a while to mask but as always only a couple of minutes to spray. The 748 is pretty much the same size as a C-47 - sorry no photo with my C-47 as it is undergoing a major rebuild at the moment after taking a short vertical flight :crying:and in no fit state to be seen in public!

I really hope S&M do the 748 as it was very widely used so there are plenty of colour schemes available. Everybody's plans have taken a big hit so it will just have to be wait and see for many things.

Steve

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

BTW: S&M Models assures me they'll release an injection-molded 748 in Dan Air and Queen's Flight colors late in 2021.

I have a mate in Oz that asked me just today if I knew of a 72nd 748.  I'll let him know about S&M. Do they have a website?

The Raspberry ripple looks great on yours, Steve.