1/72 Airfix RAF BE2c

Dear all -

My last completed model for 2020.

I reside in a Tier 4 area so (for all the wrong reasons) I have had the time to knock this one out fairly quickly ...........

This is Airfix version of the Be2c and is the first two seater biplane I have built.   Nice little kit but I found the cockpit and fuselage a very tight fit.   Nice straightforward build though due to Airfix clever engineering to ensure the top wing goes on with no difficulty.   Completed the version in the kit of No.12 squadron, RFC, Marieux, France, September 1915.  

Decided to add a little display with this one to (hopefully) add a bit of interest to the subject.

Apologies for the amount of photos

Stay safe all

PYCKXfR.jpg

5IU2quA.jpg

E4xVm4o.jpg

3epEVPg.jpg

tnhuyhF.jpg

zdwgLW2.jpg

iE1Q4v2.jpg

FxtxtNn.jpg

rrV0U72.jpg

OODXmC9.jpg

3D06922.jpg

446McQT.jpg

KUykNdI.jpg

2rGniS6.jpg

2IeXMiH.jpg

i3fw1A7.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful model and nicely presented.

The scene reminds me of the excellent 1970s BBC TV Series 'Wings', which I can recommend if you're interested in the subject. Box set still available... 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alex said:

Nice one! What have you used for the rigging? It looks very thin and straight.

Alex

Hello, Alex -

Thank you!   Rigged material used was invisible mending thread (cabane struts) which added strength to the wing structure; Oschi standard elastic thread for main wing, undercarriage and tailplane; Uschi fine elastic thread for control cables.  partially drilled lower wing, CA glued in thread then passed through completely drilled through upper wing pulling thread taught to simulate nice straight bracing wires.

Regards

Dave

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, IanC said:

Beautiful model and nicely presented.

The scene reminds me of the excellent 1970s BBC TV Series 'Wings', which I can recommend if you're interested in the subject. Box set still available... 

Hello, Ian -

Thank you kindly!   Yes, I remember watching 'Wings' when I was a kid on TV and really liked it.  Shame they never made more - I would have love to have seen them progress to fighters .............

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, S. Uehlinger said:

Fantastic Work!   The rigging is complicated, but MAKES the model!  I will have to buy one of these....

Thank you, kindly Sir!

Rigging is tedious but is not a black art - you just need a method that works for you.   I prefer pre drilling rigging lines and passing straight through the wings as it is the most straightforward method.

Give it a go!

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Natter said:

Sorry to be a 'rivet counter', but are you really sure that the grass is quite the right shade for France in September...

Excellent model and a great presentation.

Hello, Dave -

Thank you.  I think you are just 'grassing' on me! 😉

Regards

Dave

• Like 1