Westland Wessex HAR Mk2 RAF Rescue. Italeri Sikorsky H-34 kit conversion. Why not...

heloman1

7 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Thanks Bill, I wasn't going to build the crab version but a hole in my Wessex collection just wouldn't have looked right!

I've had the pics for over ten years, I thought, it's time I put then to good use.

I have to admit at present, it's taking second place to my Seasprite build and both of them in front of my Wessex protoype 'under construction' build. Still to decide if I'm going to pen a build thread/article on that one!

The Wessex prototype 'under construction' is based on a photo in the Haynes Wessex manual, page 17.

Colin

I would say you also need an HC2 Colin, probably the first conversion I ever did was a Pegasus emblazoned HC2 from the venerable Frog HAS1 model centuries ago.

Any collection really needs the black bellied 2,surely.

This one looks rather nice already.

1 minute ago, perdu said:

I would say you also need an HC2 Colin, probably the first conversion I ever did was a Pegasus emblazoned HC2 from the venerable Frog HAS1 model centuries ago.

Any collection really needs the black bellied 2,surely.

This one looks rather nice already.

Hi Bill, sorry to dissapoint but there will only be one Mk2 in the collection. If I do another crab cab, it might be the Royal Flight one. I have the HAS Mk3 to consider after these two. That requires a full interior build, all that sonar gear!

I was thinking, just this am, exactly how much shelf/display space the entire build will occupy.

Colin

• Like 1

Ah yes I remember all that gubbins, you know what? There's probably names for that stuff...

P1110803.jpg

I had to stop with this approximation to retain my sanity in 'little scale'

It has to look better when you have it in hand.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2021 at 4:25 PM, perdu said:

Ah yes I remember all that gubbins, you know what? There's probably names for that stuff...

P1110803.jpg

I had to stop with this approximation to retain my sanity in 'little scale'

It has to look better when you have it in hand.

Looks good, but I think you may have the early and not long used fit there. The ref I have is a lot more complicated. Bootneck  Mike has sme good images plus I have a Wessex manual illustration but need dimensions. It's not going to be  an easy build!!!

Sorry for the lack of progress, I haven't abandoned you all or the build. After a trip to Cape Town, my model railway build got in the way last week. Two sets of points (switches) and a platform later.

Normal service will resume shortly as they say...

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone. Well, what can I say? Not a lot apparently!

This along with the Seasprite build, the Panther build, the Merlin HM1/2, First production Wessex build, Sycamore build build, all came to a grinding halt for one reason or another. So apologies if you were hoping for a quick conclusion.

I have the box of bits with me for my summer break at my partners over the festive season. However, I got dragged into a Sikorsky H-34/Wessex Challenge by one for the members of IPMS Cape Peninsula. Another storey entirely!

Colin

• Like 1