Former Princess of Shelf of Doom (Tamiya 1:48 P-47M)

This kit was a great member of my 'shelf of doom' for more than  a decade. Somehow, one evening I decided to complete. This was the result. I don t know what I had kept her  so long but I managed to finish. In 2021 we will need more space in our stashes,ha? :)

Kit is Tamiya with colored seatbelts. Kits's decal were used. I admit I always hated Tamiya decals but this time they worked fairly.It was a quick build took almost 10-11 years.. :D

Regards.

VuMxsvc.jpg

PNAW4h1.jpg

e9hS4H8.jpg

4SknyO2.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Looks great from here, Flog.  I too have mixed feelings about Tamiya decals but I've learnt to make them work (hot water and hot solvent).

It may have taken a decade but the results speak for themselves.  😎

Thanks Jackson... As you said Tamiya decals need some extra treatment but mostly they turn OK at the end. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is a lovely rendition of Lanny Lanowski's 56FG mount, one I'm keen to try in 1/72 sometime. You look to have caught it really well.

Steve.

Thanks Steve. Honesty, all my purpose was complete it and save from shelf of doom. Someday I will try one 'insignia blue-azure blue' version.

• Like 2

Very good indeed! By the way, I'm just finishing this same kit, with the same paint scheme. Hope it ends up at least close to yours!!

A question, please: What paint did you use for the dark color, black or the recommended mix by the kit instructions?

Edited by George72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George72 said:

Very good indeed! By the way, I'm just finishing this same kit, with the same paint scheme. Hope it ends up at least close to yours!!

A question, please: What paint did you use for the dark color, black or the recommended mix by the kit instructions?

Thanks a lot,I am glad you liked. I bet your will be way better.

I used Gunze black (which is semi gloss) and washed with gray oil paint. P-47M series arrived war scene lately and were not so worn. So I didnt weather it. :)

1 hour ago, Tojo72 said:

Hey really nice job,but shelf of doom usually is a really rough build,Those Tamiya P-47's are great,may I ask what happened and how you corrected it

I had lost the part allows flap down. Bended the one lets flap flat. A small surgery.

Edited by TheFlogger
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Serkan Sen said:

Lovely finish. This is not my era but I love these old birds...

Serkan

Well your birds are way away from  my era but I envy your works 😃

Thanks...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheFlogger said:

Thanks a lot,I am glad you liked. I bet your will be way better.

I used Gunze black (which is semi gloss) and washed with gray oil paint. P-47M series arrived war scene lately and were not so worn. So I didnt weather it. :)

Thank you! As I said, it's a beauty!!

• Thanks 1