Corsairfoxfouruncle

The kit arrived today. My finger is now on the trigger. Hopefully the box decals are reasonably accurate for a Vietnam subject. I feel a little research is coming up.

BM 21PF WIP2

Ray

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

The kit arrived today. My finger is now on the trigger. Hopefully the box decals are reasonably accurate for a Vietnam subject. I feel a little research is coming up.

Ray

The Opsprey Aircraft of the Aces series number 135 on MiG-21 Aces of the Vietnam War has a colour profile showing the same scheme as the box art. There is also a photo showing the starboard side with the kill markings.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

BM 21PF WIP2

Ray

I do believe it to be an accurate scheme for Col.Tomb’s MiG-21.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Tomb

9 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Tomb

The Osprey book gives pilots as Nguyen Van Coc on 18th Nov 1967 claiming an F-105D and Nguyen Dang Kinh on 19th Nov 1967 claiming an EB-66, the latter not confirmed by USAF records. So that's two of the nine pilots mentioned by Wikipedia.

• Like 1

Could you count me in on your list please?! 😊

I have the Kovozovody 1/72 UM kit with some very interesting Kopro decals of the Czech "Stress Team". I can't recall ever seeing this comical scheme being done before.

I was planning on doing this in 2022 anyway but since I was just browsing through the lists of planned group builds, I might as well join in.

Will upload some pics at a more favourable time.

Thanks!

Martin

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Could you count me in on your list please?! 😊

I have the Kovozovody 1/72 UM kit with some very interesting Kopro decals of the Czech "Stress Team". I can't recall ever seeing this comical scheme being done before.

I was planning on doing this in 2022 anyway but since I was just browsing through the lists of planned group builds, I might as well join in.

Will upload some pics at a more favourable time.

Thanks!

Martin

Hello Martin … consider yourself counted, is this the scheme ? 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/28875

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Martin … consider yourself counted, is this the scheme ? 

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/28875

Ooh lovely pic of it, yes indeed it is! 

Undercarriage made of bricks & wings of wood apparently! 😆 This will be my main focus for your group build.

If I'm feeling ambitious I might even add a 1/72 Romanian, one of their current airframes. I've got the Fujimi kit in the Romanian markings. I've also got the Eduard 1/72 Czech Tiger but that might be stretching it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rossm said:

The Osprey book gives pilots as Nguyen Van Coc on 18th Nov 1967 claiming an F-105D and Nguyen Dang Kinh on 19th Nov 1967 claiming an EB-66, the latter not confirmed by USAF records. So that's two of the nine pilots mentioned by Wikipedia.

Thanks for that. Purchased the title electronically. Just the information I needed.

Ray 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks Col. seems so from the Osprey title. Now that makes life a little easier. Using the kit decals! What a novelty. 😏

Ray

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Roundels Everywhere said:

I'm interested in joining this build, I've got Eduard's 1:48 mig-21mf due to arrive today, it's coming in the "Bunny Fighter Club" livery so I may look out some alternative (Indian?) aftermarket decals.

Could you add me, please?

Rob

I have a feeling that Eduard kits (1/72 and 1/48) are going to be the most popular ones in our GB, and with good reason.

An Indian aircraft will be great as they wore some very colourful schemes over the years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I have a feeling that Eduard kits (1/72 and 1/48) are going to be the most popular ones in our GB, and with good reason.

An Indian aircraft will be great as they wore some very colourful schemes over the years.

I think you’re right there Craig. I have a Bis ‘Around the World’ and an MF Profi Pack to choose from both in 1/48. So far I’m struggling to make a decision on one of them. I also have a HAD models decal sheet with a great Indian option although the paint job is a bit daunting. Lots of mottling with a black tail and yellow lightning bolts that the decal sheet doesn’t provide for. We’ll see.

As Ray says above the finger is on the trigger! 

Have you you made a choice yet?

James

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Have you you made a choice yet?

In a word, no.

The problem is having too many kits and decal sheets to choose from James, what a terrible problem to have! Though to counter all the Eduard kits I might build one of the Trumpeter ones I have in the stash, possibly either the UM or the F-13, just to be a bit different.😁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Roundels Everywhere said:

I'm interested in joining this build, I've got Eduard's 1:48 mig-21mf due to arrive today, it's coming in the "Bunny Fighter Club" livery so I may look out some alternative (Indian?) aftermarket decals.

Could you add me, please?

Rob

Hello Rob you are added sir, The Indian Migs do come in some eclectic colors and designs. Makes them quite a standout in any display. 

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I agree Craig, in fact Im willing to bet that better than half the builds will beca form of Eduard ? Revell and others taking the rest of course. Especially if you want an F-13, then it hast to be the Revell kit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The problem is having too many kits and decal sheets to choose from James, what a terrible problem to have!

I feel this pain.  :rofl2:

I may have acquired another MF a bit ago just so I can utilize my Hungarian sheet that I got for the old Academy/CMK MF conversion that I have left over since I've gifted the kit.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd already signed up for this but don't seem to have, so can you add me please. Not sure what I'll build yet but have got a PH Model resin Mig 21 Analog, Revell Mig 21F13 and an unknown Russian make Mig 21SMT

Steve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mil 24 said:

hi

i would like to join this built i have mig 21 f13 i hqve seveal ideas about marking

dave

Welcome aboard Dave, plenty if good options with these. 

1 hour ago, BritJet said:

I thought I'd already signed up for this but don't seem to have, so can you add me please. Not sure what I'll build yet but have got a PH Model resin Mig 21 Analog, Revell Mig 21F13 and an unknown Russian make Mig 21SMT

Steve

Hello Steve welcome aboard. Im sure whichever you choose it will turn out great. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, franky boy said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hi Dennis

Just rounding up my build options now. If we want to build two subjects do they need their own separate build threads or can go in the same one? 

Cheers

James 

Hello James … No Im ok with the idea of doing both builds in one thread. Provided there are clear posts showing and defining  both builds. In better words I wouldn't want to see the same photo used twice. 

• Like 1