Corsairfoxfouruncle

5 minutes ago, exdraken said:

is there a good reason why I am not on this list? :wall:

probably I havn't seen this thread as of yet.....

please add me!

Croatian bis, Romanian MF/ Lancer, Arab PF-bis, ... many many options in stock :D

Welcome aboard Werner. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Got two in the stash, would be rude not to put them in the ring!

Republic of Mali MF and an Egyptian PFM.

Count me in!

DSC_0012

Davey.

7 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Count me in for this one. Have planned a Croatian and Romanian jet for some time now.

Welcome aboard Gentlemen. 

• Like 1

I do love the 21 and wouldn’t mind putting another one into the collection so count me in, should be able to rustle up a suitable kit by next year :) 

Trying to find the scheme I liked it was black, grey and red in a splinter pattern, thought it was Swiss but they don’t seem to have operated mugs, hmm.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I do love the 21 and wouldn’t mind putting another one into the collection so count me in, should be able to rustle up a suitable kit by next year :) 

Trying to find the scheme I liked it was black, grey and red in a splinter pattern, thought it was Swiss but they don’t seem to have operated mugs, hmm.

42 minutes ago, Hewy said:

I'll  join in on this  too  dennis 👍

Welcome aboard Gentlemen. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, Marklo said:

No idea who operates that scheme but it does sound cool B) 

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

My bad. But it’s a pretty good scheme.

Yes the later schemes are very colourful. The 1980s Soviet schemes also had some strange experimental colourings.

Sadly my latest project has been a rather dull NATO Czech MiG in all over grey.

spacer.png

• Like 2

do you mean one like this??

i-nLqHf7r-O.jpg

It was done using those masks, well the original ones form Model-CZ, these are the 1/48th version. The masking is very time consuming, made more so by those horrible vinyl mask, tape ones would have been mush better!

The paint bit is quite easy, though you do have to paint it in reverse, dark colour first, then mid grey then off white. I used Mr Hobby acrylics, if I was doing it again (am thinking about going 1/32nd and will scale up the masks to fit) I'd definitely use lacquers, would make paint much simpler.  

These masks were originally produced by Model-CZ, in 1/72nd, 1/48th, and 1/32nd. I don't know if they became DN Models or they acquired these masks, but for some reason the 1/32nd set has been dropped, but they added 1/144th!!!!. 

A less scary option could be to use the decals from Syhart, they do 1/72nd and 1/48th, generally their decals are quite nice to work with. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Davek72 said:

Always up for a Mig-21 although not sure I can face the 1000+ stencils on the Eduard 1/72.  The last one I did nearly pushed me over the edge. 😆

🤔 Second hand user with over sprayed camouflage might take care of the stencil issue

• Like 1