Corsairfoxfouruncle

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello, anyone out there know a good mix for the interior turquoise color using Tamiya paints ? 

I've not come across one using Tamiya, hopefully others on here can help though. There are a couple of brands that have a Russian cockpit turquoise in their range (Mr Paint is one of them, there may well be others). But I did once use a mix I found here using Gunze (50/50 mix of H25 sky blue and H46 Emerald Green) which is a good match for the pre-painted PE in Eduard MiG-21 kits. That said, apparently the colour of the Eduard PE is off (too blue) so it might be a good match for the PE but not the cockpit colour!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zebra said:

I've not come across one using Tamiya, hopefully others on here can help though. There are a couple of brands that have a Russian cockpit turquoise in their range (Mr Paint is one of them, there may well be others). But I did once use a mix I found here using Gunze (50/50 mix of H25 sky blue and H46 Emerald Green) which is a good match for the pre-painted PE in Eduard MiG-21 kits. That said, apparently the colour of the Eduard PE is off (too blue) so it might be a good match for the PE but not the cockpit colour!

I think I found one using X-28 park green and X-14 sky blue based on the gunze mix. 

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/81528/index.htm

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/81514/index.htm

I just need to try and figure the ratio’s out. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello, anyone out there know a good mix for the interior turquoise color using Tamiya paints ? 

I use a colour from "Anita's Craft Paint" range, only £1 from local craft shops, might even be called turquoise but its a very good match, and don't forget that the shade of "icky green" used could vary a bit too.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the shout Dennis. Sadly I'm unlikely to be joining this GB due to other GB commitments but will keep looking in and living vicariously by enjoying everyone else's projects.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Col. said:

Thank you for the shout Dennis. Sadly I'm unlikely to be joining this GB due to other GB commitments but will keep looking in and living vicariously by enjoying everyone else's projects.

No worries Col. I understand.

3 hours ago, tangerine_sedge said:

Is it too late for me to join this GB?  It's a toss up between a very old KP 1/72 kit or a Revell rebox of Eduards SMT in 1/48th!

No absolutely not you can start a thread and set up. Officially the start date is a week away yet.

• Thanks 1

I would love to join in as well, but am way too committed (and probably should be!!  :D) at the moment.

I do have Eduards Special MiG-21MF in Czech service boxing which would have been a possibility. Plus there is the 1/32nd "Splinter MiG" I keep promising myself I must build, but don't have the model for the project and haven't even looked at starting the stencils/masks that would be required for the scheme..... guess this one will have to wait till the next time this STGB comes around.

Anyway here's some inspiration fo someone!!! Gosh I did this one 8 years ago....was still learning/re-learning to build models and still had my Airbrushing "L" plates. Everything was painted using masks, from memory there are next to no decals either! Terrible photos!!!

DSCF1197-XL.jpg

DSCF1201-XL.jpg

DSCF1207-XL.jpg

• Like 4

Can I have the hosts opinion on this one, I started it many years ago, I've glued the wheel wells in, started to paint some of the cockpit, joined the exhaust and the drop tank together, in my opinion it's well below the 25% complete level normally required for a GB but it's not my call, so what do you think Dennis and Craig @Corsairfoxfouruncle@modelling minion

20220206_112733

20220206_112757

If it's a goer it'll be in an Indonesian scheme.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wez said:

so what do you think Dennis and Craig

I think its well within the 25% rule Wez, there's plenty of work still to be done on her. 

3 hours ago, Wez said:

If it's a goer it'll be in an Indonesian scheme.

And I would love to see an Indonesian aircraft, will it be one of the ones with lots of red on the fuselage?

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I think its well within the 25% rule Wez, there's plenty of work still to be done on her. 

Thanks

21 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

And I would love to see an Indonesian aircraft, will it be one of the ones with lots of red on the fuselage?

Oh yes, a nice big red lightning stripe along the length of the fuselage.

I'll start a thread over the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm sorry I will have to drop out of this GB due to lightning hitting both my house and me a week or so ago. It's caused damage to the house but I seem fine, just everything is all up in the air at the moment as we have arranged a rental and in the process of moving everything out of the house in preparation to either sell or fix and sell...not sure yet but mum and I have decided that we don't want to go back to the house, we'll go and buy something else and something smaller, so modelling is off the table at the moment. I was really looking forward to this GB too.

• Sad 6

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

Hey guys, I'm sorry I will have to drop out of this GB due to lightning hitting both my house and me a week or so ago. It's caused damage to the house but I seem fine, just everything is all up in the air at the moment as we have arranged a rental and in the process of moving everything out of the house in preparation to either sell or fix and sell...not sure yet but mum and I have decided that we don't want to go back to the house, we'll go and buy something else and something smaller, so modelling is off the table at the moment. I was really looking forward to this GB too.

Im sorry to hear this, I hope you're able To find something better for your needs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Very sorry to hear that Brad. I am glad that you and your mum are okay and I hope you are able to get something sorted very soon.

3 hours ago, trickyrich said:

as a word of warning to all involved...... I might be joining this build...... you have been warned!! :D

I see, showing your legendary willpower again Rich, all it took was one gentle prod!

• Haha 1

haha... i know I'm hopeless!

I won't post/start a thread yet, but if you check the reference section you'll get an idea of what I'll be up to, have bought the cheapest MiG-21MF (well it's meant to be...) I could find for this project! :wicked:

• Like 2