Corsairfoxfouruncle

Hello Everyone... I checked and if my thinking is correct we haven't had a MiG-21 Single type build since early in 2014. Tons of users, fifty plus years in service, boat loads of Camouflage options to choose from. So as fir what exactly is eligible ? So to answer everyones question the list below is THE list to go off of. It does include all Soviet, Eastern bloc, Chinese and Indian manufacturing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-21_variants

This includes one offs and prototypes, though I feel most of those will wind up in that build. Now as for the question of WHIF’s. I will allow a Whif one the basis of mockups. No paper projects. It should have at least 3d physicality for it to be ok. Whif’s based on non users might be ok, the Operator in question should have at least operated some form of Soviet jet prior to and possibly post the Mig-21’s usage. 

Dennis

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Host) 

2. reini

3. Marlin

4. zebra

5. DaveH

6. modelling minion (Co-host)

7. franky boy 

8. Jabba 

9. Col. 

10. Stefan Buysse 

11. trickyrich 

12. RidgeRunner 

12a. Dansk 

14. CliffB 

15. Ray_W 

16. Tim R-T-C 

17. bianfuxia 

18. TonyOD 

19. Valkyrie 

20. klr

21. John Masters

22. LorenSharp 

23. exdraken 

24. Cuppa_joe 

🏴‍☠️25. Andwil 

26. DaveyGair

27. DaveJL

28. Marklo

29. Hewy

30. Davek72

31. almac 

32. stevehnz 

33. Beazer 

34. Bill Davis 

35. jb65rams 

37. bianfuxia 

38. Paul Bradley

39. Brad 

40. John 

41. Lightningboy2000 

42. Roundels Everywhere

43. mil 24 

44. BritJet 

45. Wez 

46. Johnson 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, reini said:

Yes! :D

26 minutes ago, Marlin said:

Sure, why not. 

I got loads of Eduards Overtree boxes in the stash, so please add my name to the list. :D

/Bosse

Welcome aboard Gentlemen, Im definitely looking at the Eduards myself if this one makes it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, zebra said:

Count me in, I've got a MiG-21MF and a J-7G in the stash, both in 1/48. 

Welcome aboard with a couple of nice choices. 

26 minutes ago, DaveH said:

As a '21 fan, I think you can add me to this group.... will be my first group build...

cheers

DaveH

Hello Dave, welcome aboard Im honored you chose this one to sign up for. Just a quick bit of info, this will need to get 25 interested members to sign up. If that happens and we move forward to Next November’s poll. We still need to garner enough votes to make it in. If we do it will be 2022 before this happens. Please take a look at current group builds and the Future builds section, you may feel like joining in one sooner than that. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or someone in one of the other options chat threads. You can definitely build a ‘21 sooner in the Africa group build. 

Dennis

• Like 1

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

You can definitely add my name to the list Dennis, I have quite a few Mig-21's in the stash including some of the more modern Chinese built versions.

If you want a hand running this then I am more than happy to help out and as I have long been a fan of this aircraft I have quite a few references too.

Sold to the bespectacled blue overall little yellow man. ... Welcome aboard and the offer to co-host is definitely accepted. 

• Haha 1

Great idea Dennis

I added the Eduard Mig 21 Bis Around the world boxing to the stash not long ago which will be perfect. Please add me to the list. 

Merry christmas all. 

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Great idea Dennis

I added the Eduard Mig 21 Bis Around the world boxing to the stash not long ago which will be perfect. Please add me to the list. 

Merry christmas all. 

James

Merry Christmas James... And welcome aboard. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

I'd love to participate, probably with a Mig 21 Bis of the Indian Air Force.

Cheers, Stefan.

Welcome aboard sir. The Indian A.F. MiG’s can be quite colorful and interesting, should be a very good option to go with. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No worries Col. I knew you’d be along sooner than later. 

There was a certain inevitability to it :lol:  There's two suitable kits in the stash, Fujimi's 'Jay Fighter' in 72nd scale and Eduard's limited edition Indian Air force one in 48th scale, although more may appear before GB time :innocent:

• Like 2

Oh dear here we go.........

Signing up for stuff already! :wall:

There has been a plan way back in my mind to build another "Splinter" MiG-21, but this time in 1/32nd. I guess by the time this STGB comes around I would have worked out how to use my mask cutting machines.

I do happen to remember the last one quite well :D...I even managed to do ok a few years later as well! 

IMG_2418.jpg

• Like 3