Fujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk

Evening all,

Seems I had plenty of time to squeeze one more build for the year in. This is the tidy little 1/72 A-4E Skyhawk from Fujimi. Other than a Pavla ejection seat, I've built it from the box, finishing it as one of the Top Gun adversary jets. The kit decals weren't the best sadly, but fortunately there wasn't too many of them! Hataka Paints used as ever, FS 34102 for the green, with the lines applied freehand (good practice!) using EDSG which looked as good a match as any to my eye.

50748572691_a2ec94fc7c_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50747833768_9cc5b48d32_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748572611_4f73de4d7e_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748672627_aa26762566_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748572556_69c7e61895_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

That rounds off 26 completions for the year, my most productive year since I was a child! I'll have to sort my yearbook thread tomorrow, but in the meantime, any comments are welcomed as always.

Cheers,

Shaun

• Like 47

I have the very same kit on the bench right now getting the early 'red 56' scheme (before the MiG 17 silhouette was added). I've always been a sucker for the colourful aggressor schemes. Hoping mine will come out as nice as yours. Looking good!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seamus said:

Evening all,

Seems I had plenty of time to squeeze one more build for the year in. This is the tidy little 1/72 A-4E Skyhawk from Fujimi. Other than a Pavla ejection seat, I've built it from the box, finishing it as one of the Top Gun adversary jets. The kit decals weren't the best sadly, but fortunately there wasn't too many of them! Hataka Paints used as ever, FS 34102 for the green, with the lines applied freehand (good practice!) using EDSG which looked as good a match as any to my eye.

50748572691_a2ec94fc7c_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50747833768_9cc5b48d32_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748572611_4f73de4d7e_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748672627_aa26762566_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

50748572556_69c7e61895_o.jpgFujimi 1/72 Douglas A-4E Skyhawk by Shaun Schofield, on Flickr

That rounds off 26 completions for the year, my most productive year since I was a child! I'll have to sort my yearbook thread tomorrow, but in the meantime, any comments are welcomed as always.

Cheers,

Shaun

Now this i like! I've always had a soft spot for the Skyhawk. Yours is a very unusual colour scheme. I think it works very well Shaun. Nicely executed too!Thanks for sharing and Happy Xmas Sir!

Andy

• Like 1

Thanks all, much appreciated :)

2 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Beautifully finished, especially the freehand camo.

Trevor

BTW, which airbrush/nozzle did you use?

I use a Bartsharp BD-180 with a 0.2mm nozzle. A brush of real quality considering the price, in fact I use it it exclusively over my Iwata HP-CH

1 hour ago, Luka said:

I have the very same kit on the bench right now getting the early 'red 56' scheme (before the MiG 17 silhouette was added). I've always been a sucker for the colourful aggressor schemes. Hoping mine will come out as nice as yours. Looking good!

Thanks, I had originally planned to build the MiG scheme, but I switched to this scheme at the 11th hour as it required no masking and I could speed through the painting quicker

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

What a great colour scheme, is this from the original Top Gun or the new one?  26 models in a year- well done sir- I will be pleased if I can get number 7 done before the end of the year!

This particular scheme isn't in the films, but was used by the squadron for real

Thanks again all,

Shaun

Nice work, very tidy, I think you've completed that kit as well as it can be done!

I completed this kit in the same scheme earlier this year but used Cdr. Mike "Viper" Metcalf as the pilot decals, I plan on completing a second version in the Mig 17 silouhette scheme for Lt.Cdr. Rick "Jester" Heatherly!

Great job,

Rich

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...