Potez XXV B2 - 2x - Azur 1/72

hadzi

Today I finished my Potez XXV project, this are my 42 and 43 model built this year. It is a conversion from Azur Potez XXVA2 in to a Polish XXV B2, Azur/Special Hobby can did the struts for baldahim better - like Matchbox in his Fury or Gladiator kit it did, to set the geometrie in easy way, this ist my bigest critict point for this kit. My struts are broken few times be glueing the wing. Diference betwen French and Polish B2 were the bomb racks, in Polish planes they looks like Michelin at Br.XIVB2. Many of Polish Potez had not  installed navigations lights. 
In the future I will installed machine guns of the observer from Gaspatch - Vickers. The pilot MG are replaced by Eduard Vickers from Fokker D.VII kit.

First is the plane from 55th Squadron of the 5th Air Regiment in Lida (today in Belarus 😕 ) the squadron sign based of the emblem of Br.66 which come to Poland with the "Blue Army" from Gen. Jozef Haller, the army was organised in France in 1918.
IMG-9172.jpg
IMG-9173.jpg
IMG-9174.jpg
Second is a plane of 35th Squadron of the 3th Air Regiment based in Poznan-Lawica. This plane have a personal emblem from a unknown pilot.
IMG-9175.jpg
IMG-9176.jpg

I take the pictures this evening, so excuse the quality of picture and of course of models as well :oops:

• Like 34

Great result!

This kit is very special when you look in the box, how was in build? 

From what was leaked out from producer there is a chance for Polish variant of "XXV" with Bristol Jupiter Townend ring and aerodynamic fairing behind.  They were in three color schemes in September 1939...  - like that one

http://www.cs-letectvi.cz/obrazky/potez-25/potez-25-3.jpg

I am sure many of us  will go on with it as well.

Regards

J-W

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VG 33 said:

Hello

This is a very nice kit you made here.

I suppose Lida was a town lost in 1939 and never come back?

Patrick

Yes, Soviets took it over in 1939 and again 1944, like Wilno, Lwów, Brześć, Grodno, Pińsk (where was based the Polish Navy river flotilla) and many others.

Thank you all!

5 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Wow.  And you say you've built 42 other models this year?  I'm hard pressed to get three over the line before the bell.

I'm very impressed, Jerzy.  Any hints as to how you attain that build rate at this level of quality?  

Thank you, but unfortunately I don't know what to advise you. Maybe it's to choose fairly easy-to-build models and use acrylic paints? Of course, I was only successful because of COVID business constraints, fewer business trips and less projects, it allowed me to spend more time than usual on building models.

3 hours ago, hadzi said:

Of course, I was only successful because of COVID business constraints, fewer business trips and less projects, it allowed me to spend more time than usual on building models.

I presumed this year's special circumstances may have played a part.

Or maybe a midnight trip to the crossroads with a model kit instead of a guitar.  😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan Hayward said:

Beautiful!  There's nothing that gives away the fact that it is a 1/72 model.  May I ask what paint you used?  I need a good source for Polish khaki.  Would also like to know what you rigged it with, it is very impressive.

-Dan

Thank you.

To answer you question, I used for this project HATAKA dark Polish khaki C010. For rigging I used "Unsichtbarer Nähgarn" - Polyamide sewing thread, translucent black - Ackermann Transfil 70 Made in Germany. Diameter is 0,1mm, on the roll is 200m. I drilled holes with a dental drill for root canal treatment, it is conical and has a max. 0.2mm diameter.

20 hours ago, hadzi said:

Thank you.

To answer you question, I used for this project HATAKA dark Polish khaki C010. For rigging I used "Unsichtbarer Nähgarn" - Polyamide sewing thread, translucent black - Ackermann Transfil 70 Made in Germany. Diameter is 0,1mm, on the roll is 200m. I drilled holes with a dental drill for root canal treatment, it is conical and has a max. 0.2mm diameter.

Thanks for the info.  I've been meaning to try the Hataka paints so this will be a good color to start with.  Your thread sounds a lot like the smoke colored mono-poly invisible thread that I use from time to time. 

-Dan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan Hayward said:

Thanks for the info.  I've been meaning to try the Hataka paints so this will be a good color to start with.  Your thread sounds a lot like the smoke colored mono-poly invisible thread that I use from time to time. 

-Dan

Yes, it is monopoly invisible tread! Hataka paints series C you can be diluted with Gunze dark blue Mr.Color Thinner, it warks very good.