A-7D Corsair II Italeri 1/72

djos

Hello everyone,

at the end of the year, the work on the completion of the started projects is accelerating.

Aside from the Hobby Boss standing in my stash as ultimate mold for A7 in 1/72, I couldn’t help myself, and must finish (if nothing else the one for sentimental reasons) this “old man”.

With all the "inaccuracies" and sometimes poor fit, this is one of my favorite ESCI / Italeri molds. Additionally some details added in cockpit, resin pilot seat..etc, and more complicated task to make full length intake from the polystyrene sheet, it turned out a little awkward, but still better than it was without any opening. I didn't want to put the lid on.

AK colors, as well as wash. What I failed to fit as i wanted are the cockpit transparent parts ... but can live with that. In the end I am satisfied, I hope you will like it too.

Greetings until the next finished model

A7D-2.jpg

A7D-1.jpg

A7D-7.jpg

A7D-5.jpg

A7D-9.jpg

A7D-4.jpg

A7D-8.jpg

A7D-3.jpg

A7D-6.jpg

Edited by djos
  • Like 42

What a wonderful looking SLUF. This aircraft is also one of my favorites. Only difference is I'm partial to the SEA scheme. Yours does not distract from the finish.

WOW just WOW.:clap2::santa:

All The Best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Great work my friend :)

Thank you Dragan  :)

Trying to achieve quality of your models.....need a lot of practice

Also thank you all on kind words

Best regards

Edited by djos

Absolutely stunning build.

This jogged my memory of when my brother made a Matchbox one when we were kids (maybe 11 and 12 years old). It stayed in its multiple coloured plastic as we weren’t allowed to buy paints as we were too young (aaaah - those were the days!!)

:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...