Harrier G.R5

Seasons Greetings All, You might remember my last RFI which was a Harrier G.R3, which I had picked up for £10 along with a G.R5. Well here is the second one, I built the two together, both old models but I have to say the Revell one was the superior, much less less flash and an altogether  better fit all round I used very little filler on this one.

Built straight out of the box with the only addition being a pilot. Painted mainly with Revell Acrylics and some Tamiya acrylics.

I normally show the box artwork but unfortunately the box was in such a poor state it wasn't worth it.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And now the two together.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking, as usual all comments and criticisms are welcome.

Finally I hope you all have a brilliant Christmas and a better New Year than this one has been. 

• Like 24

4 hours ago, neil5208 said:

Excellent Gr5. Been looking which Gr5 to get myself so will go for the Revell kit. One minor observation about your build is the gun pods are fitted backwards.

Now you come to mention it I think they probably are 🤣🤣.

It's a good job my model building is just a past time, I'll just bank it a bit more on the stand that should sort it!😂

Be aware that this is a old model with raised panel lines, that said it almost fell together, so good you can put the gun pods on backwards.

Edited by Telboy3510
Predictive text error

• 2 weeks later...

It seems crazy thinking back to being at school when the GR.5 was new and cycling down to Farnborough after school to watch them at the air show....................

Great work, they both look awesome

• Thanks 1