Anycubic Resin Supply Issues

wellsprop

Hi all,

I'm having real problems getting hold of anycubic resin on ebay, amazon or from their website - it seems they are out of resin...

The are a few Redditors who have posted with similar issues (and throughout the year), I assume anycubic are just having supply chain issues getting their resin over here from China?

Anyone else noticed?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

I had a resupply of ECO grey from Anycubic (Germany) a couple of weeks ago.  I can let you have a bottle which you can replace later when you get some.

Mike

Hello Ben,

I find they are much the same, I slightly prefer the Elegoo as I have had less print failures using it. This however may be down to my settings on the printer being better for Elegoo.

I have mixed the two with no issues as well, they are different formulations as the Anycubic resin Fluoresces under the UV lamp whereas the Elegoo doesn't.

I only really use the grey so I can't comment on the various colours available of either manufacturer.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stuart

The elegoo and anycubic resin specs appear the same. Moreover, the elegoo is sold out too. I'm starting to think they are in fact the same and come from the same factory (hence both out of stock). 

EDIT: just bought some elegoo resin on amazon, hopefully it works fine with my Photon. 

Any 405nm resin will work.  Anycubic, Elegoo, Phrozen, Siraya, Nova3d, Voxelab, FunToDo, Monocure, eSun, Wanhao...  As long as it cures at 405nm, they're all functionally the same.

You could also buy a bottle each of black and white, and mix your own grey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ICMF said:

You could also buy a bottle each of black and white, and mix your own grey.

I've done that, to get a very light grey finish.   :)   The mix hardly uses any black though, so I get plenty left over.  It has got me thinking, perhaps a black print would make a good base for NMF painted aircraft?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyones supply issues have been resolved, but i had noticed an issue with something i was getting delivered and thought i may chime in if anyone is still waiting.

It seems that with the latest covid restrictions that have gone into effect in Germany, they are currently not dispatching any goods in or out of the UK, my sellers official comment was :

"Germany’s post advises that several European countries have imposed transport and travel bans on the United Kingdom due to COVID-19. The post has stopped accepting transit mail to the UK and Ireland."

Now im actually waiting for something that was coming from Texas, via UPS by way of Germany. that was purchased Dec 6th, so honestly may be still another few weeks/months before it hits the UK shores. Seeing as it looks like my Resin came from a germany warehouse, i wonder if these restrictions may be causing additional delays. 

I've still got nothing, despite ordering 4 weeks ago. When I ordered from Anycubic previously, the order came from Germany - so I can believe that there are delays due to Covid...

It seems a lot of people have been waiting for 6-8 weeks based on reddit comments. 

If I haven't got anything in a couple more weeks, I'll get in touch with anycubic. 

For now, Im using elegoo resin, which is available on amazon. 

• 1 month later...

My resin (that I bought in the 3 for 2 deal, in the 2nd week of December) from Anycubic arrived last week. It took nearly 8 weeks to arrive and arrived shortly after I disputed the payment on PayPal (coincidence? I have no idea). 

Elegoo resin is very slightly cheaper and not noticeably different. 

My order, placed 29th November and also a 3 for 2 deal, arrived last week.  I queried the delay about four weeks ago and Anycubic told me that they had run out of this popular offer and that more was on the way.  They kept me informed that resupply was likely early Feb, so I cannot complain.  Just happy that it has arrived.

Now I need the weather to warm up enough to be able to use it!

Mike

I've just had a delivery from this company on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANYCUBIC-Rigid-Resin-Gray-500g-1000g-for-LCD-DLP-SLA-3D-Printer-Photon-Mono-X/184523534553?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=692233197795&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

5 x 1litre bottles for £25.75 each.

Delivery was fast and although the company is registered in China, the parcel was sent from the 4PX warehouse in Southall (same one that Anycubic uses). So no import issues.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 1