Adam & Eve’s squadron AVG Kunming China

Hello everyone... I present my build of the 1/48 Airfix Tomahawk in AVG Markings. It wears the white #21 of Gregory Boyington. The decals are a mix of Airfix, Academy, and Microscale. The ring & bead sight are left overs from the old Revellogram kit. 
jdOjsAW.jpg

m1YjSVw.jpg

deqvHVi.jpg

pD1fVBC.jpg

JwcKjDp.jpg

BojMnwJ.jpg

V07RwqW.jpg

d2264hu.jpg

xGlgbYu.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or visit the build thread. 

Dennis 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 38
  • Thanks 1

That looks great!  I just finished reading a good history of the AVG. The Osprey AVG book is good too. 

Don’t know how I missed the in progress build, but it looked like a bit of work. I missed out on finding these at the discounts some of you found. 

Thanks for posting and showing your build. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mark V said:

That looks great!  I just finished reading a good history of the AVG. The Osprey AVG book is good too. 

Don’t know how I missed the in progress build, but it looked like a bit of work. I missed out on finding these at the discounts some of you found. 

Thanks for posting and showing your build. 

Hello Mark... Thank you for the compliments, the WIP was done in the Interceptor’s group build. Unless you venture into the group build area its unlikely you would have seen it. Blind luck on the discounted price but when I saw it I grabbed it. 

3 hours ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Looks real good, Dennis.  I'm struggling to finish his little brother at the mo.  Hope yours didn't fight you as hard as the 1/72 is fighting me.

The off-neutral control surfaces are a nice touch.

Ive built the 1/72 one as well, did it in RAAF markings in 2019. Im sorry to hear you're having issues ? Anything I can help with ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle