Lotus Super 7

Toftdale

The Engine bays finished!! The front lights are on and I've reattached the wings.

p?i=b6dfdbde8e50058594b6b1f85a85f7cf

p?i=060ab4ebef6914cd8bc5802d0513e4b9

p?i=41e889250e33451c39bc055f9c4e3c3b

p?i=3d0c43aeb25355250fbbfabf8d6e45bb

The only addition to the kit parts on this bit was to cut off the shield on top of the radiator and replace it it a bit of aluminium from a foil cooking tray.  The magnets on the nose cone have worked out really well and allow the nose to be removed and replaced easily. 

p?i=684f79b5a708f0ddff5ea5897d9bd983

p?i=4570d820d9fa7e6ec4bed508cb0e79df

p?i=6912fb1bdcf13435d221aefb9ff661c2

Thanks again for looking - Andy 

• Like 21

22 hours ago, Marco F. said:

What a fantastic build.  I really enjoy each of your steps 

Marco F 

17 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely work Andy, it all looks superb!

Keith

Thank you Gents 👍 this ones been a battle but I think I'm finally getting there - Andy 

• Like 1

Hey Andy, 

I thought I posted here the other day, but looking again, no text!  So, one more time - this car looks great!  Dealing with all the headaches and challenges is really paying off!

Cheers

Nick 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickframe said:

Hey Andy, 

I thought I posted here the other day, but looking again, no text!  So, one more time - this car looks great!  Dealing with all the headaches and challenges is really paying off!

Cheers

Nick 

17 hours ago, Pascal said:

Love all the details that you put on this model, stunning result sofar.

Thank you Gents, this model is far more detailed than anything I have tried in the past and a lot of the inspiration for going the extra mile has been taken from the work posted on Britmodeller, and that list definitely includes the contributions made by yourselves - Andy. 

• Like 1

Finally took two steps forward and none back!  Made front wing stays out of 1mm brass (absolute nightmare to attach, their not perfect straight, but I haven't the heart to try and correct them). However. I'm actually quite pleased with them.

p?i=55c2975bf2902c217ca9bf3e8bb4a5b2

The front wings sit slightly lower than they should, but again their staying as they are.

Also made a belt (Using leather from an old wallet and some brass rod) to secure the spare wheel.

p?i=1410bd510ed9d93ed91e2d9acc512d9c

Thanks again for looking - Andy 

• Like 15

Seconded on the spare wheel strap, that's a nice detail that really lifts it. 

It could be the angle of the photograph but is it worth re-setting the camber on the rear wheels so they match? Just needs a little tweak but the looks of it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Andy,  you created a little treasure 😍

I love it, and if my Super7 will end up a third of yours I will be more than pride 

Congratulations Marco F 

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That looks great Andy, really good looking Lotus!

Keith

Thanks Gents for all the positive comments you've given me throughout the build - Andy 

19 hours ago, dnl42 said:

That looks outstanding! I do like all the metal you've put into this. :worthy:

1 hour ago, Spiny said:

Got to agree that this is looking very good in those photos. The metal in particular has worked very well, I didn't expect it to go so well with the yellow either.

Thanks Gents, I'm really pleased with, the foil has actually worked out better than I had hoped.  Why yellow, simple the first 7 I ever saw was yellow, I was out with my dad in our Ford Cortina and it went passed us like we were sitting still, love at first sight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Michael Church said:

I love the spare tire (ahem "tyre") strap--it gives the back of the car a ton of personality. 

2 hours ago, Anteater said:

Seconded on the spare wheel strap, that's a nice detail that really lifts it. 

It could be the angle of the photograph but is it worth re-setting the camber on the rear wheels so they match? Just needs a little tweak but the looks of it. 

Thanks gents, the strap was one of those things that was surprisingly easy to do and only took one go, however this might be beginners luck!  Yes your right the chamber is a little unique,  I never noticed until I saw the photos.   Will definitely be addressing this - Andy