AAC / RAF Islander crew

Getting on with my Islander build but just wondering what uniform the pilot & crew would wear?  Standard green RAF flight suits?  And helmet or not?  My pilot figure is an Airfix Herc pilot but has a helmet but no visor on.  He could always get a head transplant though from a non helmet wearer.

dHEwjIJ.jpg

• Like 1

If I remember correctly from my days flying in them, the pilots wore standard flight suits with helmets, some with visors, some without,  personal preference if I recall! Hope this helps?

Good stuff. The civilian Islander pilot that flew me into a logging camp always flew from the left seat. Was it different in military usage?

I was going to hold out for the Red Devil’s aircraft - hope they do that one although I am sure I saw some after market decals for it.  Think you get pretty much every version in the box.  Kit detail is pretty good, fit not as much!

2 minutes ago, fubar57 said:

Good stuff. The civilian Islander pilot that flew me into a logging camp always flew from the left seat. Was it different in military usage?

Could be.  I just wanted a body in there flicking the switches so that I can justify the props turning

19 hours ago, fubar57 said:

We always had two up front, so not sure!🤔

• Like 1
On 22/12/2020 at 19:41, steve4428 said:

If I remember correctly from my days flying in them, the pilots wore standard flight suits with helmets, some with visors, some without,  personal preference if I recall! Hope this helps?

I have a couple of pictures of my dad in one as a passenger and that rings true for the flight crew. As it was over Bosnia they did have some sort of vests on as well. I dont have access to the pics so cant say for sure.

• Like 1