Humpty- 1/72 Miles Aerovan- MIKR MIR - Jersey Airport addition

Great result and very good method of doing backround of diorama. The Dakota looks good as well! 

The airplane itself has a look of a true "egg plane", so I have to check if the kit was not by Meng, but not - it was by Mocro Mir..  :)

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

Hi Laurie

What an absolute beauty, superb build, such an unusual subject.  You are a master of taking the poor to the perfect Mr. S.  Looks amazing with the DAK and I noticed a Fina tanker in the background which I didnt see before.

Amazing, perfection, love it.

Really looking forward to the Freighter 

Si

• Like 2

My order for an Aerovan went in yesterday on the strength of your build, @LaurieS, so I'm going to re-read your w.i.p. to familiarise myself with all the kit's foibles.

Whatever they may be, I hope I can have as good a result as you have achieved !

Happy New Year to the Channel Islands, memories of happy holidays in days of yore.

Rog 

7 hours ago, roginoz said:

My order for an Aerovan went in yesterday on the strength of your build, @LaurieS, so I'm going to re-read your w.i.p. to familiarise myself with all the kit's foibles.

Whatever they may be, I hope I can have as good a result as you have achieved !

Happy New Year to the Channel Islands, memories of happy holidays in days of yore.

Rog 

Hi Rog & a great new year. Just spent the last 10 days in hospital, so I hope my new year is a good one.

Great not a good fit kit but it certainly tests your filling finishing abilities. Unfortunately did not totally finish my build but most of the difficult stuff is there.

I use the full range of of Mr White Putty. Putty, PuttyR. Mr Hobby 500 for final touches. After 20 years found these the best. They stick & do not flake at the adge they sand to a feather. About the same thickness as most plastics so sanding to a very fine adge is perfection. They also cure very quickly which is a plus

Fit dry until it is as corrrect as possible worth the effort. Also anything I can help with always here.

Look forward to your build Rog. Hopefully started a trend for weird types. Do get fed up with the SPit Harriers etc.

Laurie

• Like 1

Dear Laurie,

Happy New Year to you!  I'm really glad to hear that you're out of the hospital--I had no idea you'd been admitted!  Hope you and your family are ok.  Here's hoping for a better new year and more great builds!

Alex

• Like 1

Not me, Chris, Laurie's the impatient patient !!!  :o}

Hope you're on the mend, Laurie, and all fired up to tackle your Bristol Freighter, a lovely kit which goes together well, although the nose paint/decal "point" is a bit of a test - well, it was for me !

My kit came with only RAAF and Pakistani A/F decals so, if yours is the same kit, you may need to source some RAF or civvy decals, depending on which version you're building.

Personally, I'd like to see it as an addition to your diorama. I'm sure Freighters flew in to Jersey.

Looking forward to following the build, and I hope the hospitalisation was not for something dramatic. Good luck.

Rog 

1 hour ago, roginoz said:

Not me, Chris, Laurie's the impatient patient !!!  :o}

Hope you're on the mend, Laurie, and all fired up to tackle your Bristol Freighter, a lovely kit which goes together well, although the nose paint/decal "point" is a bit of a test - well, it was for me !

My kit came with only RAAF and Pakistani A/F decals so, if yours is the same kit, you may need to source some RAF or civvy decals, depending on which version you're building.

Personally, I'd like to see it as an addition to your diorama. I'm sure Freighters flew in to Jersey.

Looking forward to following the build, and I hope the hospitalisation was not for something dramatic. Good luck.

Rog 

Yes before all this started going like a Brisol Freighter. Slow start tomorrow.

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

Superbly built! It's not a pretty plane.... 

Thanks much appreciated.

Thanks both the Laurie