Humpty- 1/72 Miles Aerovan- MIKR MIR - Jersey Airport addition

Bit of a devil. Plastic weired difficult to cement. No pins on fuselage to align. Taken a few liberties. Should be grey which I thought boring so now an off white.

However, not complaining satisfied it goes well on my diorama.

Laurie

http://9ngDcc.jpg rqPz7S.jpg gocazf.jpg wzRQTb.jpg unD6Db.jpg 8An6UZ.jpg 0zIAkU.jpg NeEJNQ.jpg fdYjsG.jpg

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Nicely done, @LaurieS!  You really beat this thing into shape.  That Jersey Airport ramp is now just crowded with traffic--ground staff wanting to get a good look at this oddity, obviously!  Someone needs to get out there, tell the folks to stop rubber-necking, and do their jobs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Moa said:

With all that activity, the Aerovan will soon have lost a lot of weight and have a wasps' waist!

Well done and a worthy addition to the variety of the diorama!

I am stung by your remarks Moa.:yahoo: Thanks very nice of you.

Laurie

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You’ve done it again Laurie. A silk purse from a sow’s ear.

That is a lovely finish and it looks nice sitting on the airport diorama.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

You’ve done it again Laurie. A silk purse from a sow’s ear.

That is a lovely finish and it looks nice sitting on the airport diorama.

Cheers

Steve

Very nice of you Steve & much appreciated. Hope all is well down there not here.

Although at my vintage age should get the Vaccine early January. Late Christmas present. :yahoo:

Laurie

Super job there. I was thinking that a vac form would have been all we might have hoped for not so long ago. Well done MM and let's look forward to more of the same.  Oh' and Jersey, best holiday I ever had in the UK.

Keith

• Like 1

http://nj562v.jpg

6 hours ago, roginoz said:

What a great result @LaurieS, it certainly doesn't reflect the problems it gave you in the wip, and you've done a magic job on the glasshouse, very clear and transparent.

A fitting addition to your diorama !

Rog

Much appreciated Rog

4 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Superb!  Excellent photos!

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill very nice comment.

3 hours ago, Britman said:

Super job there. I was thinking that a vac form would have been all we might have hoped for not so long ago. Well done MM and let's look forward to more of the same.  Oh' and Jersey, best holiday I ever had in the UK.

Keith

Thanks Keith appreciated. Holiday pleased to hear it. But Keith 😪 Jersey is a British Isle not UK we are self governing  😉

3 hours ago, Bangseat said:

Fabulous! What a view into the cockpit. You could put a small diorama in there.

Thanks. Yes when I had the lights on to take the photos I realized how wise to put in a pilot. Best ever view into a cokpit & for such a weird kit a good bit of clear plastic (& did not managed to ruin it)

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Considering all the issues with the kit  that's an outstanding job you've done Laurie very impressive well done 

regards

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn very kind.

1 hour ago, swralph said:

Very nice.😀

Thanks for you nice comment.

Thanks all very kind. Very nice comments & much apprreciated..

• Like 1

http://nj562v.jpg

28 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Very nice! I've never even heard of that airplane!

Thanks very much no I had not heard of Humpty Dumpty until I started the Jersey Diorama & came across a picture in research.

12 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crackibg job on that one Laurie,  does look very nice indeed and looks right at home in your Airport diorama. 

Great work. 

Chris 

Thanks Chris much appreciated. Just started a Bristol Freighter other end of the scale. Think "Humpty" may have to be suspended in flight over the airport to give room.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Britman said:

My apologies Laurie, still the best holiday, especially as I was able to fly from my local Manston.

Keith

That is OK Keith just being cheeky. Jersey& Guernsey are very selfish of our identity. They are actually Crown Dependences.

I came here when 24 just married in 1962. Came for just  just for one year after 7 years working at architecture in London. So you can see we are now married to the place.

4 kids & 4 grandsons all born here. It is a lovely place. Probably mainly as it is so friendly being on 100,000 population despite only being 9*5 miles. Great for water sport

Plus owning a boat & freedom at sea. Superb. To old now for a boat.

Come over again you will be most welcome at our place to meet us. Could even bore you with my models.

Laurie

• Like 1