Unicraft - Gu-VRD turbojet-powered fighter. ##FINISHED##

JOCKNEY

1 hour ago, Olmec Head said:

Do Tamiya do the same kit?  🥳

Thats it kick a bloke when he's down, why don't you ! :bleh:

As you can see the cockpit would have been a bit breezy with the gaps between the canopy and the fuselage !

IMG_5452

IMG_5453

Lots of fettling has the canopy in place along the distinctive air intake

IMG_5454

IMG_5455

A coat of Klear and ready for decals, assuming they work of course !

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

Hi Pat,

the kit from hell, indeed. But your nerves of steel are to be admired! 

This plane comes straight out of a Blake and Mortimer book!

I love it!

JR

• Thanks 1

You know, Pat, looking at that aircraft and the shapes within it, you would have had an easier time kitbashing it from elements of something else(s) entirely.

I'm thinking:

- Polikarpov I-16 for Russianness

- Brewster Buffalo for barrelness

- Gloster E28/39 for jetness

Maybe for our upcoming Gu-VRD STGB?

:coat:

• Haha 1

Ok brace yourselves, but I'm calling this one done !

IMG_5456

IMG_5458

IMG_5459

IMG_5460

IMG_5462

IMG_5463

Thank you all the support and laughs along the way, it would never have been finished without you.

By the way if anyone needs a new anchor for a boat, can they let me know as this kit is Resin plus all the filler I've added, I'm a bit worried about exceeding the safe working load of the shelves !

Cheers Pat

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• JOCKNEY changed the title to Unicraft - Gu-VRD turbojet-powered fighter. ##FINISHED##
45 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Looks great! One of those early jets where they simply stuck a jet engine where the pistons and propeller should go. So you are obviously working up to the vac Blackburn Perth for the next Blitzbuild...

Regards,

Adrian

I feel really guilty about my Perth, which reminds me can I still send you that bit to make for me to replace the part I've managed to lose ?

I think that you secretly substituted the shake and bake Tamiya version!  I noticed the 4 small Russian stars below the cockpit, were these kill markings for the test pilots that I imagine the real aircraft probably got through, if it did it actually fly.  Nice model,  I don't think I would even consider such a kit to be makeable and not in 2 days or so.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much @Olmec Head 

I think the stars are a rating for how reckless it was to try to do one of these in a Blitzbuild, however given the subject matter and I don't normal build outside the GBs on here, when else was I ever going to get a chance to build it ?

I have some other Unicraft Luft 46 kits, which if this one is anything to go by, will need a long time to build when I get to them.

Given more time I would have made much more of an effort with the filling and sanding, but I'm pleased I managed to get it finished  :waiting: :phew:

Cheers Pat

Pat, you are either very, very brave or a complete loony!

Very brave- completes a Fonderie Miniature 1/48 Halifax before breakfast, throws together a Roden He111 at coffee break, and finishes off with a MPM Hudson!

Complete loony- chooses a Unicraft "Kit" for a Blitzbuild!

Well done,lad.

Keep taking the medication . . .

I thought I had mental health issues!

• Haha 1

Amazing Pat!  What an ordeal.  I think you should get some sort of prize just for putting up with this kit and making it through to the other side.  A medal...a commendation...have a motorway named in your honour...something.    The best I can say is Happy New Year!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/31/2020 at 11:59 PM, John Masters said:

Amazing Pat!  What an ordeal.  I think you should get some sort of prize just for putting up with this kit and making it through to the other side.  A medal...a commendation...have a motorway named in your honour...something.    The best I can say is Happy New Year!  

Hi john, 

you are extremely thoughtful, which is all to your credit.

I have a life size equestrian statue of Mussolini. With a minimal face lift, I believe it could become the center piece of the main square in Oban. We could remove the sword and replace it by a Unicraft model... I would leave to Mrs. Jockney the choice of the citation. 

It could definitely be fun!!!

Pat, I am so impressed by the quality of the finished product, considering what you started with...

Congrats mate.

JR

• Thanks 1