1/48 Revell Panavia Tornado GR4

Muzz

Finished this for the Tornado GB which ends today. It's the Farewell boxing of the Revell kit with decals from Xtradecal providing markings for the XV Squadrons 100th anniversary scheme from RAF Lossiemouth in 2015.

Finished using Hataka Orange Line paints and Eduard Brassin wheels.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

Awesome work, looks spot on!

I always wondered why they never painted the canopy and frame of the front screen in that lovely blue :hmmm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Awesome work, looks spot on!

I always wondered why they never painted the canopy and frame of the front screen in that lovely blue :hmmm:

Same way the 14 Sqn Anniversary tailed jet did not have a the spine painted the same blue as the Tail design. That scheme would of looks great if done that way.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Same way the 14 Sqn Anniversary tailed jet did not have a the spine painted the same blue as the Tail design. That scheme would of looks great if done that way.

This scheme and the blue tailed 14 Sqn scheme are probably my two favourite paint jobs. Is it a coincidence they were both Lossie Sqn's at the time!

Did an Italeri kit in the 14 Sqn scheme just over 10 years ago, might need to look at it again!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Muzz said:

This scheme and the blue tailed 14 Sqn scheme are probably my two favourite paint jobs. Is it a coincidence they were both Lossie Sqn's at the time!

Did an Italeri kit in the 14 Sqn scheme just over 10 years ago, might need to look at it again!

The tail sort of looked, just "stuck on" with that 14 Sqd scheme. But that flowing Diamonds tail design looked great. 

A very tidy build and beautifully finished. Personally not my favourite "Special" but your efforts to recreate such a fine job have been well rewarded. 

Eng

• Like 1