IWM Duxford December 2020 (Second batch added)

Alpha Delta 210

Hi all

Living in a Tier 2 area, I thought I would pay one last visit to Duxford in 2020.

The weather was bright and mild, perfect for the aerobatics that the Harvard pilot was enjoying over the airfield.

It was lovely to see the BBMF Lancaster in the Aircraft Restoration Company Stephenson Hangar.

I hope you enjoy this collection of images.

P1050068.jpg

P1050073.jpg

P1050074.jpg

P1050079.jpg

P1050086.jpg

P1050089.jpg

P1050090.jpg

P1050094.jpg

P1050096.jpg

P1050097.jpg

P1050098.jpg

P1050105.jpg

P1050108.jpg

P1050109.jpg

P1050110.jpg

P1050118.jpg

P1050123.jpg

P1050128.jpg

P1050138.jpg

P1050140.jpg

P1050141.jpg

P1050151.jpg

P1050163.jpg

P1050171.jpg

P1050174.jpg

P1050177.jpg

P1050182.jpg

P1050184.jpg

P1050196.jpg

P1050206.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Gundylunch said:

Excellent set of creative pictures ! - Thanks for posting !

Thanks very much, Gundylunch. I was conscious that Duxford is so familiar to so many people that I tried to be a little more creative than usual!

10 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Cracking shot of the Victor - looks like you had the place to yourself!

Thank you kindly, Jinxman! That was my favourite image as well! The light was just right for what I was trying to achieve - mean and moody! I arrived at 10.00 and rushed up to the AAM to ensure that I had the place to myself. I then worked my way back towards AirSpace. It wasn't busy, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jinxman said:

Cracking shot of the Victor - looks like you had the place to yourself!

56 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thanks very much, Gundylunch. I was conscious that Duxford is so familiar to so many people that I tried to be a little more creative than usual!

Thank you kindly, Jinxman! That was my favourite image as well! The light was just right for what I was trying to achieve - mean and moody! I arrived at 10.00 and rushed up to the AAM to ensure that I had the place to myself. I then worked my way back towards AirSpace. It wasn't busy, though.

An excellent set and there's something almost other-worldly about the Victor: it just shows how ahead of their time Handley Page were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Stuck in tier 4 Duxford may as well be on the other side of the moon at the minute, I love the place your pics AD are brilliant really good.

thanks for sharing

regards

Eamonn

Hi Eamonn. Let's hope that we can get back to normal soon.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed my pictures. 

1 hour ago, Richard E said:

An excellent set and there's something almost other-worldly about the Victor: it just shows how ahead of their time Handley Page were.

Hi Richard. Thanks for the kind words. I agree wirh your comments about the Victor. I showed the picture to my wife who thought I had cobverconverted the image to black and white and didn't believe when I told her that I hadn't edited it!

46 minutes ago, Latinbear said:

A  very nice and creative set of shots! It must have been lovely to have the museum pretty much to yourself. 

Thanks for the kind words, Latinbear.

• Like 2

Very nice pics. Interesting hangar full of fighters...Spits, P-51 P-47.....  A bit of a bonus being able to get pics of the RAF Lanc too. I spy a Bulldog and Hurricane bits in there .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Very nice pics. Interesting hangar full of fighters...Spits, P-51 P-47.....  A bit of a bonus being able to get pics of the RAF Lanc too. I spy a Bulldog and Hurricane bits in there .

Thanks Paul. I would have liked to have taken pictures from an elevated position of the fighters, but I had to make do with holding the camera at arm's length above my head!

I could only get one unobstructed shot of PA474 from the viewing gallery of the Stephenson Hangar. It certainly was a tight fit!

12 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Of course we want to see them that victor pic is the biz I'd be delighted to see more 

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn. I also love the "monochrome" Victor! I will post some more pictures this evening. They will be more "record" shots than creative images, though!

Another terrific set of images Leigh from what I daresay will be your last trip out in 2020. I too like the Victor and the light on the outside exhibits is wonderful.  Seems eerie to see Duxford so devoid of visitors and you can't help but wonder how this and other museums are coping during the pandemic. Let's all hope that better times are round the corner. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mark

• Like 1

I've been 'promoted' - well, all of Hertfordshire has - to Tier 4 which appears to rule out my usual Early-New-Year Duxford visit. 

The last time I went the Stephenson hangar gallery was all closed up.  Good to see PA474 there again.

I'd like very much to see any more photos you care to share, AD210.  Thanks for sharing these - really good ones!

Jonny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

Another terrific set of images from what I daresay will be your last trip out in 2020. I too like the Victor and the light on the outside exhibits is wonderful.  Seems eerie to see Duxford so devoid of visitors and you can't help but wonder how this and other museums are coping during the pandemic. Let's all hope that better times are round the corner. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the kind words. Alas, I think that it will be my last aviation sortie of 2020. I had hoped to visit the Shuttleworth Collection during the holidays, but as Bedfordshire is now in Tier 4, the Collection is closed.  As you say, lets's hope that better times are around the corner.

Season's greetings to you and your loved ones.

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fabulous pictures. It's a couple of years since I was down there. Thanks for posting.

Thanks very much, Pete. I'm a member and try to visit several times a year, but this year has been a bit different!

6 minutes ago, paul bardell said:

Great photos, thanks for posting.

B R

Paul

:poppy:

Thanks very much, Paul. I'm pleased you enjoyed them.

I have posted a few more below.

P1050088.jpg

P1050102.jpg

P1050103.jpg

P1050115.jpg

P1050119.jpg

P1050129.jpg

P1050133.jpg

P1050134.jpg

P1050135.jpg

P1050152.jpg

P1050154.jpg

P1050158.jpg

P1050165.jpg

P1050166.jpg

P1050175.jpg

P1050176.jpg

P1050178.jpg

P1050183.jpg

P1050203.jpg

P1050204.jpg

Thanks again for all the "likes" and comments.

• Like 7

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to IWM Duxford December 2020 (Second batch added)

By the way, and pardon for being ignorant, but which one is the Stephenson Hangar?  Love the latest set of pics too.  I am hoping that sometime in the new year I will get up there for a stroll around.

• Like 1