Eduard (Hasegawa) 1/72 B-26 Marauder "Hangover Hut"

elger

All but finished with the model. I have to admit I'm not happy with the heavy chipping I ended up with - I feel like the effect is overdone.

hEay9zF.jpg

It was a bit like how Father Ted tried to fix a dent in a car in one of my favourite ever sit com jokes:

It's only one aspect of the finish though, and the rest I'm pretty happy with overall I'm quite pleased with this one as it's coming across the finish line.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

elger, those figures are amazing--especially for the scale.  While I like your chipping, perhaps a heavily diluted coat of OD would tone it down--I am sure you thought of that though & I understand that is very difficult with the decals on.  Really glad to see this is moving forward--one of my favorite builds!  Best, Erwin

• Thanks 1

I've seen far heavier chipping on these kites, I think it looks great. You've probably spent too much time looking at it!

Just caught up with your build, those figures are superb too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Inspiring work, Elger.  I'm following with particular interest since I'm building the same kit (on a somewhat less ambitious scale) and am wondering if the Scale Aircraft Conversions metal parts provided enough weight to keep the model from being a tail-sitter, or if you had to put in additional ballast.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

X 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, X Trapnel said:

Inspiring work, Elger.  I'm following with particular interest since I'm building the same kit (on a somewhat less ambitious scale) and am wondering if the Scale Aircraft Conversions metal parts provided enough weight to keep the model from being a tail-sitter, or if you had to put in additional ballast.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

X 

Thanks! It needed a little bit of extra weight that I ended up putting in the navigator's compartment behind the cockpit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VT Red Sox Fan said:

perhaps a heavily diluted coat of OD would tone it down--I am sure you thought of that though & I understand that is very difficult with the decals on

I've just had to correct some overzealous wingroot chipping myself, and I must say that just a little touch-up with diluted original colour around the edges makes the chipping look even better (less stark).

worth a shot :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, alt-92 said:

I've just had to correct some overzealous wingroot chipping myself, and I must say that just a little touch-up with diluted original colour around the edges makes the chipping look even better (less stark).

worth a shot :)

19 hours ago, VT Red Sox Fan said:

elger, those figures are amazing--especially for the scale.  While I like your chipping, perhaps a heavily diluted coat of OD would tone it down--I am sure you thought of that though & I understand that is very difficult with the decals on.  Really glad to see this is moving forward--one of my favorite builds!  Best, Erwin

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I've done this and toned down the worst of it. Will try to take some pictures of the finished model today. In the meantime, here's a photo of the finished Airfix Autocar fuel truck. So much fun to work on!

1I5dHkF.jpg

Thanks for all the comments & support throughout this build, all :)

• Like 6

I bit belatedly, thanks for your response to my question about nose weight, Elger.  With your help my Marauder is now happily sitting with all three wheels touching the ground awaiting the first coat of paint.

• Like 1