1/72nd Airfix Spitfire Mk.Vc, 607 (County of Durham) Sqn, SEAC India/Burma, 1943/44

Gorgeous Spit Tony, I see you're as quick off the mark as usual when it comes to building the new releases!

Not a reflection on your build at all but I can see what people mean about the Rotol spinner on this kit, looks a bit underfed and long to my eye

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, Vulcanicity said:

Gorgeous Spit Tony, I see you're as quick off the mark as usual when it comes to building the new releases!

Not a reflection on your build at all but I can see what people mean about the Rotol spinner on this kit, looks a bit underfed and long to my eye

Thanks mate,...... oh I agree,.... the spinner does look a little long to me,...especially from certain angles...... but nothing that a run over with a sanding stick won`t cure. I`m also wondering whether there were a few different sized spinners for the Rotol too,..... as the real subject of my second kit has the broad JABLO blades but a much shorter, pointed spinner. I am going to look through the spares box for an optional spinner or even a whole prop to use.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:20 PM, Ologist said:

Lovely build of a not commonly seen variant - at least as models go

Jonathan

23 hours ago, djos said:

Nice to see this new mold finished, especially good like this.

I like it very much, nice colors and weathering.

Only what is bothering me is that Airfix again missed mirror?

Regards Djordje

Thanks Djordje,...... I know,.... I did mention the lack of mirror to Airfix (also with the 1/48th Hurricane!) but the decided not to `over complicate' the kit,.... which is a shame. 

5 hours ago, Serkan Sen said:

Excellent build Tony.

Serkan

Thank ou very much Serkan.