RAAF Westland Wapiti

Hi - This is a conversion from the 1/72 Frog/Novo Wallace kit- Work in Progress link below if interested . Big thanks to everyone who supported especially @Ed Russell of Red Roo Models for donating the markings and @Magpie22 for the advise and photos. Really appreciated.

Subject was A5 -12 of the RAAF when based at Point Cook in the latter stages of her service. This photo courtesy of the Australian War Memorial

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3

• Pinback changed the title to RAAF Westland Wapiti

Very nice !

I am fan of interwar machines who took a part in early days of WW2 or in SCW.  So of course I am one of those who did the job to get Wapity and Wallace Mk II from Frog/Novo Wallace  kit...  ( https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965832-westland-wallace-ii-and-wapiti-scratch-conversions-of-frog/ ) ...

Best regards

J-W

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JWM said:

I am one of those who did the job to get Wapity and Wallace Mk II from Frog/Novo Wallace

... and very nice they are too! They helped inspire me to kick mine off :). (I wasn't brave enough to add the tailplane cable lines like you have - maybe later )

12 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Thank you for the WIP

Its a two way thing! The WIP really helped push me along. :) The encouragement and help was amazing. I think If I had not done the WIP I would still be faffing around at an early stage.

• Like 1

I’m sure many of us have ‘thought’ about this conversion, however have been too afraid to tackle it. That’s a wonder result and I must visit your WIP to see how you got there. Congratulations on a great build. 
Cheers and well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1