New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

The other thing to remember about any speculation is that the Tamiya design team have not had the chance to leave Japan in nine or ten months.  I would therefore expect the next armor subject to be based on their big Saumur research trip (meaning probably French), or Japanese.  WRT aircraft, my gut keeps telling me 1/32 Fw-190...but I'm not sure if it's an A or D.

58 minutes ago, DaveJL said:

1/48 F-14B would be my guess, very minor additional details/sprues required from their existing boxings. But since we're all adding a Wishlist, a 1/48 Eurofighter would be just splendid!

A proper replacement for the Revell Eurofighter. And adding to your Wishlist, both a single seater and a two seater.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petarvu said:

Wasn't there a P-38 1/32 rumours few years back.....

Going back even more years, there was a rumor of a 1/32 F-100D Super Sabre. I was in my late teens or early twenties then ... and I'm 70 now. But if anyone could do an excellent 1/32 Super Sword, it would definitely be Tamiya.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, it wouldn't be a seismic event, but I'd settle for Tamiya shrinking down their new-tool 1/48 Spitfire Mk I to proper scale in the same way they did with their superb Bf 109G.

Perhaps unlikely given they already have a 1/72 Spit Mk I in the line-up, but you never know.    

• Like 2

I guarantee a state of the art, perfect in every way, easy to build, 1/32 early P-38 Lightning.  How am I so sure?  I have just acquired all the AM parts to do the 1/32 Trumpeter P-38J backdate to an E and am ready to start.  Remember I have form.  I had just cut plastic on a Revell 1/32 Mirage fuselage to backdate to a "C" from the "E" version when Italeri announced that very week their new mould.  Similar story with the old Revell Mig-29 in 1/32.  Got the updates just in time for the 1/32 Trumpeter kit.  So you heard it here first - early p-38 in 1/32 - guaranteed.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, mr.T said:

Not gonna happen. Zoukei-Mura "owns" that series now...but never say never

I disagree, Zoukei-Mura makes great kits but they don't make any money for Tamiya.  I think this would make a great fit in Tamiya's offerings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnT said:

I guarantee a state of the art, perfect in every way, easy to build, 1/32 early P-38 Lightning.  How am I so sure?  I have just acquired all the AM parts to do the 1/32 Trumpeter P-38J backdate to an E and am ready to start.  Remember I have form.  I had just cut plastic on a Revell 1/32 Mirage fuselage to backdate to a "C" from the "E" version when Italeri announced that very week their new mould.  Similar story with the old Revell Mig-29 in 1/32.  Got the updates just in time for the 1/32 Trumpeter kit.  So you heard it here first - early p-38 in 1/32 - guaranteed.

Oh I do hope your right 😀

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mr.T said:

1/48: F-14B Tomcat and another P-38 variant

1/32: Hellcat, P-38 or....F-14 new tool...in light of Top Gun: Maverick being released in cinemas in 2021

1/32 F-14 New Tool! My heart races just thinking about it and judging by how well their 1/48 Tomcats have been received, a 1/32 offering would surely be just as welcome. And on a personal note, hope they start with the F-14B.

On 12/23/2020 at 6:55 AM, viper-30 said:

I reckon they have purchased the WNW Lancaster and will release that .....

Can you imagine that one? It would surely include some canopy masks and photo etch, then all those after market detail up sets......

Mind you, I'd have to get a second mortgage to pay for it and the extras, and build a shed to display it!

• Like 2

On 22/12/2020 at 23:08, 352nd Fighter Group said:

New Tool spit TR.9 in 1/72 please Tamiya

If Tamiya don't see the light and do one I think I can find my old Airfix magazine article (Alan Hall??) which converts the old Airfix IX to a TR9 in Irish Air Corps markings from 1960 oatcake.  I think I might have some balsa wood, dope and some talcum powder as well so you can keep it there in the spirit of 1960's conversions 

All is needed is a bit of modelling skills attached and a wonky set of spectacles and it will look great from far enough away.  :D

Its enjoyable to speculate  (OOPS -  pun alert there) but whats the odds its none of the above !!?

• Like 2

On 12/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, HMSLion said:

The other thing to remember about any speculation is that the Tamiya design team have not had the chance to leave Japan in nine or ten months. 

I guess that rules out a Tamiya 1/48 Eurofighter Typhoon any time soon... sigh... 😔

Rich