New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

On 1/20/2021 at 8:00 PM, Denford said:

Back on track, I've read somewhere (probably here, Britmodeller) that the Tamiya announcement (the subject of this thread, though you might not guess so reading recent posts) will be at 4.00pm Tokyo time.

Here, in UK, that's 1.00 am the next day and even later in US, but better for Australia.

Perhaps somebody from there ie Australia could post what is announced.

If the announcement is at 4.00pm Japan time then that makes it 7.00am UK time.

Japan is nine hours ahead.

29 minutes ago, czaralko said:

Is the announcement the 25th japanese time?

Its on the 24th Japan, but adjust for local time where ever you live, if its UK its 7AM 25th apparently.

13 minutes ago, One 48 said:

Its on the 24th Japan, but adjust for local time where ever you live, if its UK its 7AM 25th apparently.

Other way around: the 24th is already gone in Japan as they are 9 hours ahead of the UK. Announcement will be in the afternoon of Monday 25th in Japan, meaning morning of the same day in the UK

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, Greenshirt said:

A

I would be more than greatly surprised to see an A, especially an early one, but to be honest a really good early F-4A would make a nice addition to any Phantom II enthusiast's collection. 

• Like 1

Tamiya is a commercial manufacturer, so requesting niche items like the F-4A is a bit far off as I see it, sorry. 

This is also why there is so many BF-109's, P-51, Spits, F-4 Phantoms, F-16 and the like around - it sells! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Other way around: the 24th is already gone in Japan as they are 9 hours ahead of the UK. Announcement will be in the afternoon of Monday 25th in Japan, meaning morning of the same day in the UK

Thanks for correction :)

Genuinely curious what it is now, apparently more than one major new release has been hinted at, but definitely one at least scale kit model, read an official Tamiya announcement about a year ago, when Covid started I think it was and we were all wondering how that might effect production by scale model factory, they said something like we will be having an aggressive release policy ... something like that ... so given research and production lead times, maybe this is the result of that statement?

We'll know soon :)

25 minutes ago, Boman said:

Tamiya is a commercial manufacturer, so requesting niche items like the F-4A is a bit far off as I see it, sorry. 

This is also why there is so many BF-109's, P-51, Spits, F-4 Phantoms, F-16 and the like around - it sells! 

Boman ... I agree, Tamiya make safe releases in general, they were semi adventurous in the past, but not so much in the last decade or so ... I'll welcome anything they release and even though I'm straying away from big scale Aircraft kits these days and if it is another new tool WW2 warbird, whatever it is I'll buy one, they are just sheer luxury kits in this hobby and a joy to build.

• Like 1

Online: https://www.tamiya.com/japan/featuredreleases_early2021.html

Military Models

• Item: 35377   1/35 German Sd.Kfz.2 Kettenkraftrad (Mid-Production)
  • Item: 35378   1/35 German Tank Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.G (Early Production)
  • Item: 32599   1/48 Russian Medium Tank T-34-85

Aircraft

• Item: 61121   1/48 McDonnell Douglas™ F-4B Phantom II™ 

Car Models

• Item: 24359   1/24 1989 Sauber-Mercedes C9
  • Item: 24360   1/24 Scale Nissan Fairlady 240ZG
  • Item: 24355   1/24 McLaren Senna
  • Item: 20069   1/20 Fiat 131 Abarth Rally Olio Fiat

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Item: 61121   1/48 McDonnell Douglas™ F-4B Phantom II

Anyone know Tamiya 1/48 kit numerology ? is Item: 61121 next in sequence? EDIT: The 1/48 P-38 was kit 61120, so this is the real deal for a 1/48 Phantom from Tamiya :)

I'm honestly pleased about this to tell the truth, yay ... sorry for the bigger scale guys, but so pleased about this.

Edited by One 48

Considering the very serviceable new kits already out from Academy and ZM, this is a little surprising, however it’s a popular subject so has every chance of outselling these earlier kits. U.S Navy is a popular genre and I’m sure Tamiya realise this after the good sales of their 1/48 F-14 kits. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

The one thing you can guarantee.......................................... it will be idiot proof.

Question will be .... will they introduce other marks in time like they did with the F14 ??

Dick

I want one ................NOW !!!!! 

• Like 1

Yep Dave, there are pretty serviceable kits of nearly all realistic expectation kits they could have released too Aircraft wise, still have a couple of Hasegawa F4's in this scale I'll still keep.

Really looking forward to this, for anyone who has built a Tamiya F14 in 1/48 and compared it to an older Hasegawa F14, this will be a new benchmark of quality from Tamiya again, I'm sure for F4's

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jenko said:

The one thing you can guarantee.......................................... it will be idiot proof.

Question will be .... will they introduce other marks in time like they did with the F14 ??

Dick

I want one ................NOW !!!!! 

An N is pretty easy to do. Mk7 seats (if its an early B it will be Mk 5's), minor stuff in the cockpit and the ECM lumps and bumps and jobs a good un. Loving the ZM Kits, built the Academy B which lags behind the ZM. ZM doesnt look like its going to release a flat wing B/N so this makes me a happy bunny. However, I would  still have loved to have seen a new tooled USN F-4 in 32 from Tamiya.

Oh and closed so it can branch off into individual threads here ;)

• Like 2

• Greg B locked this topic