New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

On 12/20/2020 at 2:02 PM, rickpeck said:

1/72 I hope for a P-51B and P-38g/h.

Rick

The P-38 would seem to be the logical move as Tamiya have downscaled some of their 48 scale releases (like the Ilyushin Il-2).

I heard rumours that Arma Hobby will be releasing a 1/72 P-51B/C in 2021, but that's to be discussed elsewhere...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

(...) I heard rumours that Arma Hobby will be releasing a 1/72 P-51B/C in 2021, but that's to be discussed elsewhere...

Let's hear the voices ! :rolleyes:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235085842-172-north-american-p-51bc-mustang-by-arma-hobby-3d-renderssprues-design-release-in-2021/

V.P.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 11:18 AM, JWM said:

A Mosquito with two stage charger? (PR XVI,,....)? In 1/72 of course. Beau Mk II?

Regards

J-W

The way they engineered the engine nacelles on their existing Mossie kits always left me with the impression that thy planned a two stage Merlin release, but maybe because so many aftermarket outfits released resin conversion sets, they decided not to...still, with that being said, they had made noise back in the day that many of their 1/48 releases would be done in 1/72 at some point. Time will tell...

Mike

My guess (all 1/32)

1 - Stuka

2- BF109

3- Hurricane 

4- P-47

5 - P-38

6- Spitfire (early)

7- Hellcat 

8 - Beaufighter 

9- BF110

10- FW190

(not stating variants)

probably way off

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, trickydicky210 said:

probably way off

I don't believe you're as off as you think. Early P-38F/G/H in 1/32 would go every very well, judging by how popular their 1/48 Lightning is. I can also see the Hellcat as very possible, to complement their very nice Corsair. Not too sure about the others however. Still, I do like the way you think. Would you care to guess what jet or jets they might produce in 1/32?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I don't believe you're as off as you think. Early P-38F/G/H in 1/32 would go every very well, judging by how popular their 1/48 Lightning is. I can also see the Hellcat as very possible, to complement their very nice Corsair. Not too sure about the others however. Still, I do like the way you think. Would you care to guess what jet or jets they might produce in 1/32?

Ok

Jets are more of a challenge as the scope is much wider: 1/32

1. Harrier/Sea Harrier 

2. Mig 21

3. Gloster Meteor 

4. Sabre

5. Skyhawk 

and if in 1/48:

1. Tornado 

2. Phantom 

3. Typhoon 

4. Mirage

5. F.18

even more likely to be wrong

I see all but the Meteor being very strong possibilities in 1/32 scale. In 1/48 I see the Typhoon (Eurofighter?) as a strong possibility as there really isn't a great one available in 1/48 scale. A 1/48 F-15E wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When it will be that we would hear about a B-17, or B-29... Or a Stirling and Halifax... or since the hype is to re-do old models using new molding technology (i.e Spitfire, me-109, Zero...), why not a new tech Lancaster?... All in glorious 1/48th scale...:whistle::laugh:.

Or if you like models never made in mainstream in 1/48, why not a Lockheed P-2 Neptune, or an P-3 Orion. A Super Puma, Cougar family series... Or if you fancy older models, a Kawanishi H6K Mavis, or H8K Emily...

And yes, the next iteration of the P-38 in the J, L, K and M guises... 

And then suddenly felt from the bed and hurt my rear end....:hypnotised::whistle::laugh::laugh:...

I think they should joint forces with Hasegawa and Fujimi and come up with some of the ones mentioned above.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Homebee said:

Does anyone think, like I do, that those P-40 pics on the Tamiya News post, are not that innocent and might be a clue?

• Like 6

They might be. And it appears we're looking at two different versions of the P-40, based on the appearance of the vertical stabilizers. My question is are we looking at 1/48 or 1/32 scale? My guess, and that's all it is, is it's going to be 1/32.

• Like 1

Yeah, not so subtle pics - or a red herring? It does suggest a P-40 coming, and I'd put my money on 1/32 as well.

Hopefully not as we have the Hasegawa kit out there, and Hasegawa are in the process of re-issuing a lot of their kits.

A modern tool 1/32 P-38 would be good, but I'd personally LOVE a 1/32 BoB Mk I Spitfire! :) 

9 minutes ago, Peter Roberts said:

A modern tool 1/32 P-38 would be good, but I'd personally LOVE a 1/32 BoB Mk I Spitfire! :) 

I'd definitely go for a new 1/32 P-38!

• Like 1

On 20/12/2020 at 04:56, SAT69 said:

They produced an excellent F-14A and F-14D in 1/48 and put all previous Tomcats in that scale on the back burner. Perhaps a 1/48 F-111 series or 1/48 Vigilante series? (Yes, I'm into jets.) One more 1/48 hopeful: B-58 Hustler!

A new up-to-date tooling of the B-58 Hustler in 1/48 has been on my prayer list for years 🙄

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sierra Mike Sierra said:

A new up-to-date tooling of the B-58 Hustler in 1/48 has been on my prayer list for years 🙄

A new tool 1/48 B-58 (I actually dream of a 1/32 B-58) would put my current builds (I have three in work) and my unbuilt kits on a back burner .... a way back in the back burner.  😃

11 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

Does anyone think, like I do, that those P-40 pics on the Tamiya News post, are not that innocent and might be a clue?

Knowing Tamiya though they would probably annoyingly only do an E an N and forget all the other versions.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dreamwriter said:

Yup, I was thinking it was a clue.

The 1/32 Corsair, Mustang, Mosquito, and Spitfires were all measured and researched at Vintage Wings of Canada. The owner at that facility has a P-40 too.

They did measure it, guys I served with in the Airforce work there. Although they don’t have any insider information. They did give me info ahead of time in regards to the above kits.

6 hours ago, Scooby said:

Yup, I was thinking it was a clue.

The 1/32 Corsair, Mustang, Mosquito, and Spitfires were all measured and researched at Vintage Wings of Canada. The owner at that facility has a P-40 too.

They did measure it, guys I served with in the Airforce work there. Although they don’t have any insider information. They did give me info ahead of time in regards to the above kits.

I hope they do a 1/48 P-40 that solves the errors on the Trumpeter kit and is better detailed and engineered than the Hasegawa ones. A 1/32 would be nice too but way out of my wallet!

• Like 1