New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

On 12/24/2020 at 10:21 AM, Robert said:

Or perhaps the 'B's are coming in the form of F-16Bs and F-14Bs.

Regards

Robert

Why we've not seen a two seat Viper baffles me, the kit/sprue is set up for it.

Easy money for little effort, many modellers would scoop them up in there droves.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Why we've not seen a two seat Viper baffles me, the kit/sprue is set up for it.

Easy money for little effort, many modellers would scoop them up in there droves.

One of the things I have noticed (Thanks for reminding me) is that Tamiya don't seem to do to many  "variations on a theme" when it comes to 1/48 aircraft. (1/32 and tanks1/35 and 1/48 yes).

My guess and that's all we can do is 1/32 Me 109 G-6 ......... or 1/48 Chieftain tank .....or 1/48 Phantom

Dick

• Like 1

I would be THRILLED with a 1/48 P-38 J or L to add to the spectacular F/G/H variants they recently gave us.  Equally thrilled with a state of the art 1/48 or even 1/32 F-86.  A couple outlying possibilities.. just maybe, a new A-10, or even a new 1/48 Intruder?  Lastly, for me, and I know this is OUT THERE, I'd LOVE to see a 1/48 B-58 Hustler!!! 😊

Edited by Curt B
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Curt B said:

I would be THRILLED with a 1/48 P-38 J or L to add to the spectacular F/G/H variants they recently gave us.  Equally thrilled with a state of the art 1/48 or even 1/32 F-86.  A couple outlying possibilities.. just maybe, a new A-10, or even a new 1/48 Intruder?  Lastly, for me, and I know this is OUT THERE, I'd LOVE to see a 1/48 B-58 Hustler!!! 😊

I'll second, third, fourth and fifth the 1/48 B-58. Would be nice to see a combination kit that lets you build either the B-58A or the TB-58A.

• Like 2

Voices in my head suggested that they made a deal with WNW to purchase the rights and tools for their entire line of kits and are going to start re-releasing them under their own brand (with some changes as needed).  Not that I would believe voices in my head.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, jenko said:

One of the things I have noticed (Thanks for reminding me) is that Tamiya don't seem to do to many  "variations on a theme" when it comes to 1/48 aircraft. (1/32 and tanks1/35 and 1/48 yes).

My guess and that's all we can do is 1/32 Me 109 G-6 ......... or 1/48 Chieftain tank .....or 1/48 Phantom

Dick

Oh you had to suggest a 1/48 Chieftain didn't you? Now whatever it is I'll be disappointed.

Unless it is a 1/48 Chieftain!🙂

Stuart

1 hour ago, Sidders said:

1/32 Hurricane Mk.I for me, please! 

I'm liking Hurricanes more and more these days! The first Air Ministry order for Spitfire Mk1s and Hurricanes was 600 Hurries v 300 Spitfires. The Hurricanes were easier to manufacture at this point until the spitfire production line was overhauled. The first order was made at an early stage in it's development . Hawker at Langley had already made the Hurricane an easy aircraft to make under looming wartime conditions. I think i'm right in saying that during the BoB Hurricanes had a higher 'Kill Ratio" than Spits? and due to their construction, could take more battle damage and make it home compared to a Spitfire ? anyway i digress... a good choice Sidders!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Voices in my head suggested that they made a deal with WNW to purchase the rights and tools for their entire line of kits and are going to start re-releasing them under their own brand (with some changes as needed).  Not that I would believe voices in my head.

Harold .. my voices in my head are usually drowned out by explicit instructions from .. SWMBO😆 Experience has taught me i'll always come off worse if i don't lol 

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Harold55 said:

I'll believe it was true if those voices were speaking Japanese or 🤔 maybe Orc.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but who are WNW?

• Like 1

A Tamiya 1/32 Hurricane, P-38, 109 or 190 would be great choices from them in that scale, if they did a P-47 of any kind it would be welcome too of course, but I still think Hasegawa 1/32 Thundrbolts are still fairly accurate and good in shape ... naw, it needs to be something else, even revisit the Mosquito for a glass nose bomber option or an F-16 D two seater, those kits are all tooled up for that, so please do it soon Tamiya ... I'm not getting any younger or healthier :)

All our life's are finite, even this planet we live on, solar system, Galaxy and Universe too.

But if one of the rumoured release's is indeed a new tool 1/48 Aircraft, what about a Catalina? who would be able to resist one?  I couldn't ... it would be wonderful, it would cost a few pretty pennys, but wow, it would be awesome and sell so well ... I'm sure :)

Happy thoughts :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, One 48 said:

what about a Catalina? who would be able to resist one?  I couldn't ... it would be wonderful, it would cost a few pretty pennys, but wow, it would be awesome and sell so well ... I'm sure :)

Revell did one, after years of being wanted, and it apparently didn't sell.  But, if if you want a 1/48th Catalina, there is one.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

Same goes for a full range of excellent 1/32 Hurricanes, all available from Fly. It's hard to see that Tamiya would improve on those.

They may not improve on anything of what the more experienced modellers would want, they may not improve in accuracy or options or details. They would however likely improve in ease of build... and even if they don't they would improve in availability as Tamiya distribution network is very large.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

They may not improve on anything of what the more experienced modellers would want, they may not improve in accuracy or options or details. They would however likely improve in ease of build... and even if they don't they would improve in availability as Tamiya distribution network is very large.

Completely agree. From 95% of the reviews and build blogs, Fly Hurricane is a pig of a kit to build with very vague instructions. 

Doogs review on YouTube as a prime example. 

Edited by Sidders
  • Like 1

I can see why they haven't for a while, but I would like them to re-release, as they have with some armour kits, the 1/12 scale bikes such as RC211V kits and 1/20 scale F1 car kits.

Roger.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:53 AM, PZRGREN said:

I can see why they haven't for a while, but I would like them to re-release, as they have with some armour kits, the 1/12 scale bikes such as RC211V kits and 1/20 scale F1 car kits.

Roger.

+1 on that. The secondary market prices for these are ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:53 AM, PZRGREN said:

Roger.

Seconded that, especially on F1 kits. I find it reeeeeally hard to get Tamiya's 1/20 MP4/4 these days, kinda regret not buying one from my local store back when it was something like Rp 420k (roughly GBP21). Now it's something closer to GBP50-60. If I can find one. Which I can't.

Then again, I'm happy they're about to release Senna in 1/24, although I'm still waiting for their 1/72nd F-14D.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, Harold55 said:

Don't underestimate the voices in your head, mine never lie to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2