New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

F-86A in 1/32. That would be an announcement. Anything which has been done before (most of the suggestions above) wouldn't rate as an "announcement" in my book. 

I shall lower my expectations because I suspect it will be another bl00dy Spitfire/P-51/Bf.109. Yawn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, jenko said:

On Track 48 they have the box art for the next 1/48 AFV.  It's a T-35-85 Russian Tank. (Number 99in the range). Hope number 100 will be something special.

No.100 = Centurion.

(this is someone else's suggestions BTW, can't remember who)

well, we'll see.   It's definite gap.  Korea, Vietnam, middle east etc ....  would fit in well with N.100 though ;)   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Troy Smith said:

No.100 = Centurion.

(this is someone else's suggestions BTW, can't remember who)

well, we'll see.   It's definite gap.  Korea, Vietnam, middle east etc ....  would fit in well with N.100 though ;)   

Long, long overdue. Nice thinking 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, One 48 said:

It was 1/24th, my mistake, sorry and it was this.

https://youtu.be/pXHjqtzkTLo

Um, not getting that link to open - can someone please enlighten me as to what the 1/24 car announcement was?

Nope. all okay - the link worked in the quote above. 🤔

Edited by Peter Roberts

7 hours ago, occa said:

Oh they said announcements in plural.

Being only into 1/72 I won't set my hopes too high tho, probably nothing for us.

I've a vague feeling that there are no plurals in Japanese.  

A point not yet made is that the Nuremberg Toy Fair is re-scheduled to June, so manufacturers in general (not just Tamiya) might be revealing in January what would have otherwise announced at the fair.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denford said:

A point not yet made is that the Nuremberg Toy Fair is re-scheduled to June, so manufacturers in general (not just Tamiya) might be revealing in January what would have otherwise announced at the fair.

Wouldn't the Japanese makers tend to do their big reveals at Shizuoka? Though I guess such could be good news for me as a 1/72'er if it's just the smaller fry for now. Can't say I'm counting on it either way though, but if anything I guess it'll be a downscale of something that has shown up in 1/48 since the Bf109-G6.

Tamiya have recently made new tools of existing kits i.e. 1/48 Spitfire and 1/35 Panzer lV, wonder if they might redo their Lancaster ?

Regards

Robert

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Hmm....Given Tamiya's recent track record, I'd be thinking in terms of a 1/32 FW-190, possibly an Me-109 in that scale.  There's something in the back of my head that says "watch for a 1/48 B-25", too.  Armor?  Who knows.  They've done all the major Axis stuff, and recently, too.  Most of the Allied stuff.  A reworked Churchill?  A Comet?  A Crusader?

I am going to go with the plural and think they will start to reveal projectS!  My hope for the 100 in the 1/48 armour series is a V2 rocket with launch vehicles. Now that I would plunk down some serious cash for.  As far as aircraft I am at a loss but am hoping for something big in 1/48. A B-25 maybe?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Only if it was cheaper than the Airfix Vulcan!!! 😉

John.

Ps - I would prefer a B1/B1A myself😊

haha well even if it was twice the price I'd probably still have at least two of them

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LN-KEH said:

MiG-3 in 1:48 and scaled down to 1:72 later in the year would plug two holes in the range of kits covering the Great Patriotic War.

IIRC the only GPW type Tamiya have done is the Il-2.   A Yak-9 would be good,  in 1/48,  there is the Modelsvit,. There isn't a decent one in 72nd.   

There isn't a decent La-7 in 48th though.

21 hours ago, Parrahs said:

Wouldn't the Japanese makers tend to do their big reveals at Shizuoka? Though I guess such could be good news for me as a 1/72'er if it's just the smaller fry for now. Can't say I'm counting on it either way though, but if anything I guess it'll be a downscale of something that has shown up in 1/48 since the Bf109-G6.

I suspect that Shizuoka in 2021 might be a non-event again, courtesy of the dreaded virus. One of these days we may be able to travel overseas again ...

• Like 1

Tamiya rarely stray away from common and popular subjects so odds on it’ll be something we already have, however done to their usual and excellent standards. Talks of a 1/48 B-25 are sound and I would think a later J model would be their choice. A 1/32 Fw190D is also something that would generate plenty of sales. Anyway, it’ll be Tamiya, so it will sell just by plonking their logo on the box! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Tamiya rarely stray away from common and popular subjects so odds on it’ll be something we already have, however done to their usual and excellent standards. Talks of a 1/48 B-25 are sound and I would think a later J model would be their choice. A 1/32 Fw190D is also something that would generate plenty of sales. Anyway, it’ll be Tamiya, so it will sell just by plonking their logo on the box! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Wow, a B-25 would be great. Honesty didn’t even cross my mind.