New Tamiya announcement January 25th 2021

One 48

There was a recent announcement for a 1/12 Car, actually looks quite good if you like that sort of thing I suppose.

But this time I feel its bound to be an Aircraft, probably a 1/48 or 1/32 one, as well as other stuff too is hinted at?

My desire would be for a 1/48 B-17. but since HK Models are on that, this would be unlikely, perhaps a new tool 1/48 Lanc, yup HK have announced one as well, but if Tamiya had one in development for a few years, then now would be the time to tell us.

If 1/32 ... and with the demise of WNW, Tamiya are the only real players I contemplate for this larger Aircraft scale now due to the sheer quality and engineering and just sheer pleasurable building experience they give (Did buy the new Italeri Tornado GR4 though) So, if it is a 1/32 Aircraft, wonder what it could be? A German WW2 fighter would be incredible and sell by the bucket loads, despite the multitude of other kit manufacturers 109's and 190's, would love a Hurricane or even P-38, maybe its a glass nose Mosquito, that would be welcome too.

2020 has been a grim year, hopefully Tamiya's new announcement will bring some scale modelling joy to us on 25th Jan 2021.

From Tamiya USA newsletter today:

New Product Announcements Coming Soon!
We have some exciting NEW product announcements coming. On January 25th we will begin unveiling what some of those new products are! Please make sure to follow us on our social media outlets for sneak peaks as well as announcements on our website news blog and newsletters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scooby said:

I didn’t know HK announced a 1/48 Lancaster, I thought it was only a rumor and not an announcement.

Perhaps it is and I read it wrong? it was on the table though.

1 hour ago, One 48 said:

There was a recent announcement for a 1/12 Car, actually looks quite good if you like that sort of thing I suppose.

But this time I feel its bound to be an Aircraft, probably a 1/48 or 1/32 one, as well as other stuff too is hinted at?

My desire would be for a 1/48 B-17. but since HK Models are on that, this would be unlikely, perhaps a new tool 1/48 Lanc, yup HK have announced one as well, but if Tamiya had one in development for a few years, then now would be the time to tell us.

If 1/32 ... and with the demise of WNW, Tamiya are the only real players I contemplate for this larger Aircraft scale now due to the sheer quality and engineering and just sheer pleasurable building experience they give (Did buy the new Italeri Tornado GR4 though) So, if it is a 1/32 Aircraft, wonder what it could be? A German WW2 fighter would be incredible and sell by the bucket loads, despite the multitude of other kit manufacturers 109's and 190's, would love a Hurricane or even P-38, maybe its a glass nose Mosquito, that would be welcome too.

2020 has been a grim year, hopefully Tamiya's new announcement will bring some scale modelling joy to us on 25th Jan 2021.

What was the 1/12th car announcement?

They produced an excellent F-14A and F-14D in 1/48 and put all previous Tomcats in that scale on the back burner. Perhaps a 1/48 F-111 series or 1/48 Vigilante series? (Yes, I'm into jets.) One more 1/48 hopeful: B-58 Hustler!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, One 48 said:

On January 25th we will begin unveiling what some of those new products are

"...some..." so there could be a few new kits coming :yahoo:

9 hours ago, Scooby said:

I didn’t know HK announced a 1/48 Lancaster, I thought it was only a rumor and not an announcement.

Given how many promised projects never materialise I've come to regard everything as a rumour until it's in the shops :( 

• Like 2

On Track 48 they have the box art for the next 1/48 AFV.  It's a T-35-85 Russian Tank. (Number 99in the range). Hope number 100 will be something special.

Dick

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jenko said:

On Track 48 they have the box art for the next 1/48 AFV.  It's a T-35-85 Russian Tank. (Number 99in the range). Hope number 100 will be something special.

Dick

Do you have the address of ''Track 48'' ?

Many thanks !

SharkOwl

43 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

Do you have the address of ''Track 48'' ?

Many thanks !

SharkOwl

WWW.track48.com

They are in Toronto.

Dick