Italeri Tornado ZG775, 1/32

Hello, this is the new Italeri 1/32 Tornado; it was built straight out of the box; the only correction I made is the color of the Tornado silhouette on the tail, since, as you probably know, the kit one has a wrong color.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 53
  • Thanks 3

That's out of the box? 😮 Brilliant job.

Not to take away from your obvious skills but the real winner here is the kit. The cockpit, details and overall look are superb.

Thanks for showcasing your skilled work and a class winning kit 👏👏👏

Alan

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

What an extraordinary build! The cockpit is truly awesome! What is the kit like to build?

It’s a big model with a huge amount of parts, so it takes time to build. Nevertheless, the kit goes together remarkably well. It has a number of options during the building phase, so you need to plan in advance. The kit is engineered so that the radome can be left open, so, if you keep it closed, you need to do a bit of sanding in that area. Same thing for the dorsal spine, as it is broken down in two parts, in preparation for the new kits that will come out later on (different Tornado versions have a different dorsal spine). I dry-fit the slats and the flaps in the retracted position and looks like they fit the wing perfectly; if you put the wing in other than the fully forward position, you need to cut and adjust the wing retraction vane rubber seal. Landing gear wheels are provided both in rubber and in plastic, the later with weight effect; I suggest to use the rubber ones, as their design is much more realistic than that of the plastic version.

1 hour ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

The panel lines look.. spot on! May I ask how you approached this aspect of the weathering? 

On the glossy model, I just did an oil wash with a medium gray; to give you an idea, it had a hue slightly darker than the Tamiya XF-54. I used the same color on the gray parts of the plane and on the black fin.  Panel lines are reasonably deep, so it’s an easy task.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lorebor said:

On the glossy model, I just did an oil wash with a medium gray; to give you an idea, it had a hue slightly darker than the Tamiya XF-54. I used the same color on the gray parts of the plane and on the black fin.  Panel lines are reasonably deep, so it’s an easy task.

Thanks. It looks really good using that method. Thank you for expanding on this point and thanks for sharing an awesome build!