On this issue, I noticed recently lots of people's avatars have disappeared to be replaced by unsightly placeholders with their screen name plastered over the picture limits.

Is this an update problem?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Is this an update problem?

Not sure, but it only affects the default avatar icons, not uploaded ones.

And weirdly, both Chrome and Edge have this on different machines but not the EdgeDev or Beta (developer/nightly build version of the browser).

12 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Not sure, but it only affects the default avatar icons, not uploaded ones.

And weirdly, both Chrome and Edge have this on different machines but not the EdgeDev or Beta (developer/nightly build version of the browser).

Thanks for this info, and yes, it's weird!

23 hours ago, steve5 said:

could someone please help me , on how to put an avatar in my box please . as I don't know how to down size it to fit in the square provided . it just keeps telling me it's too big , thanks .

I use a free version of paint.net for this sort of thing, it allows you to edit photos in so many ways aswell as saving the pictures you've altered or found on internet into various formats including PNG, JPEG, BMP & GIF to name but a few.

Lightshot is good for cropping pics or making screenshots.

Both of these are meant for Win 10, you could check alternativeto.net for similar things available on android/iphone/ipad/mac etc

10 hours ago, steve5 said:

cheers guy's for the help , eventually worked it out . me and my great grandson .

Glad you sorted it out, the other avatar problem seems to be fixed now as well. Merry Christmas!

• Like 1