Kingkit........... anyone else?

Due to the restrictions on travel, plus the possibility of delays in post etc., I have been advised by relations that I will be getting money instead of presents next week.:yahoo:  As such, I have been searching the web for bargains and offers, but I can only find Kingkit as a reliable resource.  Does anyone know of other reputable sites?  I mainly look for 1:144 scale aircraft.

cheers,

Mike :santa: 

I live the other side of the country and cannot travel, so visits by appointment are no use to me.  Does anyone know of other bargain site, such as Kingkit and Collectakit, that has a website please?

Mike

Thanks Steve; however, I have just checked their website and there's nothing on it.  I don't have FB or enjoy auctions, preferring to see a price and, if happy, pay it.  It sound like I may have to stick to Kingkit.

cheers,

Mike

Mike, following on from what @stever219 has said, as Veteranus is a 'bricks and mortar' shop, landline phone number is 01765 605315. May be worth a quick call to find out the lie of the land?

• Thanks 1

You could always try Dave Coley's Emporium on ebay. He has a vast stock and his prices are very reasonable, usually well below those of other dealers.

John.

• Like 2

Thanks John, that site looks quite good; neatly laid out and I can search on the scale that interests me.  I shall enjoy looking through his Dave's stock.

thanks again,

Mike

• Like 1

Regarding Hannants as mentioned above I have been gifted some HM Treasury Universal Gift Tokens a couple of times i recent months and with nothing specific in mind decided to maximise my spend by trawling through the 'Special Offers' , 'Limited Availability' and 'Damaged' sections on their website and then refining the search by 'Scale' and 'Item Type' as required then 'Sort By - Price' and 'Ascending' and filled a lot of gaps with odds and ends for existing and new projects at some surprisingly low prices.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bootneck said:

Thanks John, that site looks quite good; neatly laid out and I can search on the scale that interests me.  I shall enjoy looking through his Dave's stock.

thanks again,

Mike

Good price on the Dora Wings Kingcobras and Valom Great War planes last time I looked (and bought some too)

Unfortunately 144th scale stuff doesn't seem to go cheap very often!

6 hours ago, bootneck said:

thanks again,

Mike

If you find somethng you like, buy it through Dave's own website rather than through Ebay: p&p comes out cheaper.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Francis Macnaughton said:

Have a look at https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/polarbears3kitscatcat  ( Ebay shop for former Plastic Pastimes in Poole ) as they often have new stuff on auction starting well below list price and you can also ask if they also have any particular OOP item you are after.

I would approach "polarbear...." with a degree of caution. I've met the guy once, in his old shop, and walked away with a pretty low opinion of him. He really went out of his way to be as objectionable and unpleasant as possible, in the few minutes of our conversation. I was told he was banned from trading at Telford some time ago, again due to his way of dealing with people. I've also read that he used to ban people from bidding on his E-Bay listings, when they had problems with his side of the deal (kits arriving badly crushed and he refused a refund, etc). 

Rumour has it that his wife now runs the mail-order business for the most part, so they might now be a decent firm to deal with.   

Chris. 

I know Plastic Pastimes very well, I used to be based at Poole and would go to the shop as often as I could.  I've been there when he has been at his worst and wasn't happy about it; however, I found out later that he has a condition which reduces his ability to stay calm.   I've also been to the shop when he was charming.   I shall check out their website because they did have some very good stock, although that was a few years ago.  If his wife is looking after the sales then I would feel quite confident to buy from them. It's a shame that I cannot remember their names, but that's just down to my failing memory.    What was the question again?  :blink2:

Mike

• Like 1

Modelsforsale.com often lists 2nd hand kits amongst the new/discounted items, and they presently seem to have a handful of 144th (and smaller) kits. One issue on the site is you can’t easily filter-out out-of-stock items; I do this by sorting on the Quantity column so that those in stock are listed first.

Another one that I had missed, thanks for sending the details.  I have signed up to modelsforsale today as I found an item that I want to get.   Thanks also to everyone else that has contributed sites and web address details.  I have bookmarked them and will keep checking them.   Hopefully there will also be some sales of 1:144 scale kits in our own BM Sales after Christmas.  I'm sure [hoping] that members will wish to dispose of old stuff, to make room for all the wonderful new stuff they will receive! :santa:

cheers,
Mike

11 hours ago, bootneck said:

If his wife is looking after the sales then I would feel quite confident to buy from them. It's a shame that I cannot remember their names, but that's just down to my failing memory.  

Likewise for me re how it went in the shop with Ray but Judy is who seems to run the e-bay end now and has always been helpful.  As I said earlier, they are often a good  option if you are after an OOP kit.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:32 PM, Bullbasket said:

You could always try Dave Coley's Emporium on ebay. He has a vast stock and his prices are very reasonable, usually well below those of other dealers.

John.

Personally, I would avoid mr Coley, had been satisfied with him on the occaisional order I placed until a fairly straight forward issue on a large delivery last week, the response from him has been very poor to say the least. Don't want to go in to detail about it on the forum, I feel uncomfortable with them being recommended to members here.

I would recommend Creative Models, have a lot of kits on special offer. Jadlam also have some good deals,

A one-off event doesn't necessarily mean anyone is a bad trader.  There are so many unforeseen circumstances affecting all of us at the moment, so things might get a bit fraught.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, bootneck said:

A one-off event doesn't necessarily mean anyone is a bad trader.  There are so many unforeseen circumstances affecting all of us at the moment, so things might get a bit fraught.

Mike

Couldn't agree more Mike. If every complaint about every trader resulted in people boycotting them, there wouldn't be any left. Yes, you do get the odd one where there are many complaints about the same trader, but they're rare. 

John.

• Like 1