Another superb model, Radish. I’m really enjoying seeing these.

It took me a while to work out the arrangement for locking the bed in place so that it doesn’t tip, as it’s different from the peg-and-holed-bar system that I’ve seen on other tip carts, but this setup is ingeniously simple.

Very nice.

Jon

Dammit man!!! That looks GREAT!! And all scratchbuilt too. BONUS!! I feel fairly comfortable in my modeling but there's always room for improvement and you sir........are an inspiring builder. Great work. 

Edited by mustang1989
  • Haha 1

Beautiful model of an unusual subject.

"Tipping dray," "Tasmanian Myrtle," "Fellies" — terms I'd never heard until following Moa to this thread. Who says modeling can't be educational? But "Tasmanian Myrtle" somehow conveys an image of a stout woman owning a bar frequented by sailors!

And with apologies to all Tasmanians, I wish them Happy Holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

This is really something! Unique, well made as well as honouring the way it was once made! Very educational indeed as @Space RangerRanger said. Keen to see more of your collection!

As an aside I would really like to see a workflow of modellers like yourself who scratch builds items as compared to say kit modellers as the differences may be stark and heaps to learn from. Maybe a "Behind the bench" thread??!!