Super Entendard

wschurr

15 hours ago, WARDOG said:

I'd settle for the correct camouflage colors for one in ANY scale!

WD,

If you're talking about the two-color grey scheme, (The only scheme, as far as I'm concerned!) Kinetic lists those two colors in their 1/48 kit as:

Grey, CSI Creos 305 (FS36118)

Grey, CSI Creos 337 (FS35237)

For the blue-grey over white scheme:

dark blue grey, Gris Bleu Tres Fonce, (FS16176) Modelmaster 2036 enamel, 4754 acrylic

white, FS 17875

Colors for either scheme were taken from Cybermodeler and ARC forums in addition to the Kinetic kit color guide. I can't guarantee these references are accurate, so you might want to compare them to color chips. One of my buddies did the 1/72 Academy kit in the two greys, and I think he used Gunze acrylics that looked spot on to me.  I could ask him what color numbers he used. Best I can do- either scheme is very handsome, and it's a very cool-looking jet. I seem to recall there were some forum discussions on the best colors for either scheme back in maybe 2018, so you could do a search for them. Best I can do- hope it helps.

Mike

Howdy Mike,

Yeah, I've seen these colors called-out for the later scheme before but they just don't seem to quite fit the bill out of the bottle (at least to these old eyes, anyway!).  I will either mix something up or see if somebody out there makes something close for my 72nd SuE, Lynx Mk. 4 (FN), and Super Frelon kits!

I also think the SuE is a pretty cool bird!  Just waiting to buy a nice cockpit to go along with the correct paints so that I can get mine on display!

Take Care down there,

WARDOG