F4U-5N One Day wonder.

Visiting a Friend and wanted to Try a single day build. Just to let you know it turned into six days (Testor's Rattle can Blue wouldn't dry).

Revell of Germany 1/72nd F4U-5 and I used the night fighter parts. I understand the nose may be short but rivet counting is not my forte.

spacer.png

Out of Box Build except for Seatbelts (wine bottle Seals) and Uschi antenna Line. If you replace a broken Pitot with Albion tubing is it still out of Box ????

Decals are Older Microscale Korean Ace sheet.  A bit of a Pain was the missing NAVY letters . Had to hit spares and Overcoat with food color Future. Worked out really well.

spacer.png

99% of Model was built in the one day, however dinner and Ciders stopped the painting section. Painted next day and used Tamiya Rattle primer, Flat black Hardware spray primer and finally Testors Spray Navy Dark Blue. (Testors was given 3 days to Dry)

spacer.png

Sprayed Blue tinted Future over the white Navy letters that were missing from the decal sheet(Be Aware). Used hair dryer to dry future and decals before final coating.

Applied Decals to Blue finish and overcoated with MR Hobby Semi-Gloss Spray.

spacer.png

Lieutenant Guy Bordelon, Korea, 1953,only USN Ace of Korean War and He didn't fly jets..

Thanks for Looking 

Comments welcome

Cheers

Bill 

• Like 35

26 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Excellent - I couldn't do one this nicely if you gave me six months!

Regards,

Jason

I'm doing good to finish 5 models in a year and they don't look anywhere near as good as yours does.

• Like 1

Nice, I have the kit and was disappointed by it. But you did a great job on it. Also from my research the kit instructions are wrong. The anti glare panel on the nose was not black but matt sea blue. Same for the radar. 

I came across an actual colour photo. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, Learstang said:

Excellent - I couldn't do one this nicely if you gave me six months!

Regards,

Jason

Ditto!!!!!  Super looking result that I could never achieve.

David

• Like 1