Are there any PE 1/72 Cold war RAF seatbelts?

TallBlondJohn

I am hopefully anticipating that Santa will add to my collection of Airfix RAF cold war jets in 1/72. I don't include pilots, so my builds get tape seatbelts. But it would be better to have a generic set of Martin Baker ejection seat PE belts ready to go in - but nobody seems to make any - are they that different between seats?

Seems odd as Eduard etc have belts for every other era and they also do MB ejection seat handles. Are we supposed to use resin seats?

Thanks for the reply. I found this old thread which seems to say the Q type was for late WWII props and early jets without ejection seats, but the Eduard ED73006 set contains blue straps which are part of the modern Z type - so it seems to be mostly Q with a two sets of Z, when what I need is a full fret of Z?

I've also realized that having flown in a DH Chipmunk I have been intimate with these things - cant remember any details though, it was a while back.

Can't remember any set of generic ejection seat belts for MB seats, Cockpit sets generally do include the belts specific for the type of course, but you may or not consider the cost of such sets worth it.

Have to say that when it comes to ejection seats I'd probably rather replace the whole seat with a resin one, the result is easily better than a plastic seat with added PE belts. Adding all the belts on an ejection seat can also be quite a long job...

• Like 1