Friedrichshafen F.F.49c, a civil cabin conversion based on the 1/72nd Sierra Models vacuform kit.

3 hours ago, chrispisme said:

Yaaaaaa, those struts wouldn't stand a snowballs hope in he.....(you know where) of supporting the model.

Not only that, the flimsiness and ridicule, but the only "parts" provided -as per photo- are just the "W" that unite the inner parts of the floats with the fuselage, most likely not right, by the way. All the other struts are blatantly ignored. You are on your own.

I say!

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Lovely work on that exhaust!

Thanks, Jörgen, it was simpler than I thought, took only a few minutes.

These are the times when I would like to have learned to use resin, to make a few copies. But I hate it, and the smells, and the mess, and the short shelf life.

So I often have to reinvent the wheel for my models.

7 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice work with interior and engine.

Appreciated. Most of it will be almost invisible, but so fun to make!

Painting of the kit's engine (a little jewel, by the way) will allow me to glue it to the fuselage and proceed to join the halves. Pity just the very top will only be seen of it:

IMG_3195+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_3196+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Water radiator and home-made exhaust are painted too. I also prepared an anchor, although I have no idea if the plane had one, but I think it's a good accessory to have in your seaplane, in case you are in trouble in relatively shallow water and don't want to drift away to the middle of the ocean:

IMG_3197+%25281280x959%2529.jpg

• Like 8

The interior looks gorgeous!

I think the "struts" provided in most vac kits are only there to provide a pattern to use for length and angles etc. They're not intended to be cut out and used!

Nice engine to by the way

Ian

HI Moa

Interior,  engine, exhaust and wood items look fantastic.  Great work fella. 

Could have done with an anchor to throw out the window in one of my cars once when I was a youngster, it was an old car and the brakes failed approaching a busy junction, never gone down through  the gears so quickly and thankfully the handbrake had some life in it !!!

Chris