Andy's 2020 'Hangar' - RFI's done this year

Col Walter E Kurtz

Andy's 2020 'Hanger'  - RFIs done since Lockdown Started.. 

It's been a tough year ! I think that getting back in to making models has in some part kept me sane. I'm exceptionally grateful to everyone who has appreciated my work. Those of you here who have given me encouragement, advice and tips on how to do things better i am  indebted to you. Thank You! 

Also It's been nice to correspond with different people around the World who are interested in the same subjects . To see other modelers interests and work has been interesting, informative and above all - inspiring!

Happy Christmas to one and all! Lets hope for a more normal future and soon!

Kindest Regards
Andy 

B17-G Little Miss Mischief in  1:72 Scale  

20201215_125624

20201215_130938

255A4D07-D32E-4D72-A982-4B582009C360

AEC- Matador Army Truck and Medals display, My Grandfather - 8th Army Desert Rats -1:72 Scale 

20201124_132607

Hobby Boss P-47D 1:48 scale

20200908_081245

Tamiya P-47 D Bubbletop - 1:48 Scale

B13115A8-1D25-43A7-BEBB-42E0E21954BB

A46CC3BA-1B5A-49B8-BA16-5303741E5BB7

Airfix  Heinkel -  He111 H6 - 1:72 Scale

20200729_121056

20200729_121315

Tamiya Beaufighter Mk X 1:48 scale

20200824_095123

20200824_095242

20200824_095309

https://flic.kr/p/2jzwyaH

Airfix (1970's moulding) B24 -J Liberator -1:72 Scale

WIN_20200406_09_03_34_Pro

WIN_20200406_09_03_44_Pro

WIN_20200406_09_02_47_Pro

• Like 36

Thank you Chris. Yes I've learnt a real lot from here and I hope that's translated in to improving modelling skills 😂 I've enjoyed this years projects. It's unusual these days to find so nice a bunch of people in an online forum! No trolling, no nastiness and people willing to give their experience and detailed knowlege😉

• Like 1

Andy, I enjoy seeing an encore performance of your B-17.  While the other subjects you have shared with us are most lovely, it is the B-17 that is my favorite.  I, like yourself, share the exact same sentiments regarding this hobby and website.  I have been fortunate in so many ways this past year and being part of this community has certainly helped.  There is a GREAT cadre of highly skilled artists, historians, and now some I consider good friends on this website.  Ironically, I am planning the same topic as you have posted here very soon.

Be good my friend:clap2:

Mike

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Andy, I enjoy seeing an encore performance of your B-17.  While the other subjects you have shared with us are most lovely, it is the B-17 that is my favorite.  I, like yourself, share the exact same sentiments regarding this hobby and website.  I have been fortunate in so many ways this past year and being part of this community has certainly helped.  There is a GREAT cadre of highly skilled artists, historians, and now some I consider good friends on this website.  Ironically, I am planning the same topic as you have posted here very soon.

Be good my friend:clap2:

Mike

Absolutely agree with your sentiments about the site Mike.  When i discovered the site earlier this year i was amazed at the quality of artistic work on display. Inspired me no end. I'm so glad you liked my B-17. It's one of my favourites too ! Thank you for your appreciation of it. ( Modestly proud of how it turned out, not perfect of course and there is always room for improvements.)

I live in an area where there are many many ex USAAF WW2 bomber bases. I often visit them on my cycle.  When i do a USAAF model i'm constantly thinking of those young guys who came to  their lives in the US , their sacrifices and  sheer bravery and feel that we should keep their memories alive. Look forward to your 2020 showcase 'Hanger' too!

Have a great Xmas!

Andy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Very nice models Andy, particularly the big bombers. You make my kind of subjects and do them very well! 👍

Have you seen the Yearbook section of the site? It's designed for people's annual galleries:

2020 Britmodeller Yearbook

Alan

Thank you Alan for your compliments! much appreciated

I hadn't seen the Yearbook section. Before i posted here.. i did do a search for something similar.. my bad i guess. Models i'm ok with.. computers lol not my forte . Should have posted in the yearbook section then.. doah!! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

That's an enviable bunch of builds! I imagine doing the display with the truck and the medals was a bit special to you.

thank you so much Tony! Yes'm the medals were my grandfathers and I always wanted to mount them like this! It was a very emotional theme. I actually got the Airfix Bedford QLT kit as that's the lorry he mostly drove from the photos 🙂

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Lovely collection Andy, great work the truck and the medals is a cracking idea and looks wonderful. 

Chris

The medals and truck .ive properly mounted the medals now on the medal bar I bought, So I can wear them next Remembrance Day in his honour and will make the Bedford QLT kit truck up and replace the AEC Matador. SWMBO has put her foot down and I've had to move the display to the wall facing my modelling station.. from the dining room.😐 No issue with this of course and it's nice to look up and see my grandfather looking back at me. I like to think he would be very modest  but honoured if he saw this tribute to his service. He would have been 109 years old this year. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Thank you Roger will be hard  to enjoy Xmas now new tighter restrictions due to Covid in my area ! 

I feel this! Even more annoying that I still have to go to work 😤 hope you can make the best of it.

• Sad 1

Yes , I knew it would eventually come to this. was saying back in March that the potential for Coronavirus to mutate was almost a given. Its what viruses do. Well get by. I still have to work as well , but luckily I can do so from home.Maybe there are a lot of Turkeys feeling happy 😂

• Like 1

Just knocking up a 'cheeky' Boulton Paul Defiant in 1:72 scale lol . It's the new Airfix kit and it's rather a nice little kit for £5.00 ! 

I wanted to practice RAF brown and green patterns with the airbrush so did this as a test piece. Didn't quite turn out as easy as i thought it would.. hey ho! still ended up tidying up with a brush.  Maybe i rushed it a bit... 

5 hours ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Welcome to BM 112! Thanks for your appreciation. Hope to see some of your work too! Happy Xmas

Regards, Andy

Thanks, I also wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Andy

If you want to check out a few of my models you can find them here:

I will post a few more after Xmas when I got more time to make photos.

Best Regards,  Martin

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Thanks 1