Polar Lights Star Trek Galileo Shuttle

Greetings!

Recently completed with lighting and display base.  Polar Lights/Round 2 have done an excellent job with this kit.  Details of WIP can be found here:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235081033-star-trek-galileo-shuttle-craft/

Many thanks for having a look, questions and comments always welcome.

Cheers,

Bill

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IMG-2037.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, desert falcon said:

Very very cool 👍

Out of interest, how big is such a thing? 

The Galileo shuttlecraft itself is eleven inches long. I can't say how large the display is in its self.

• Thanks 1

The kit is represented as 1/32 scale - I have no idea if that is accurate.  The display base is an ancient computer steel front panel and measures approximately 63.5cm (25") by 25.4cm (10").  Heavy gauge steel,  makes an excellent display base with LED lighting.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Moa said:

Nice and ingenious, oh, the memories!

Thanks Sensei Moa!  I was 7 years old when the original series first appeared - watched it on an old black and white Philco television with perpetual "snow" on the screen which also featured a vertical rolling image!

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Thanks Sensei Moa!  I was 7 years old when the original series first appeared - watched it on an old black and white Philco television with perpetual "snow" on the screen which also featured a vertical rolling image!

Cheers,

Bill

Luxury! We will dream of a TV set! We had a discarded cardboard box with a cut-out in the front, rats dressed as Spock, Kirk and Bones, and we would do their voices!

We had to do it at night, or our parents would eat our rats! And if you tell that to the young people today, they won't believe you!

Seriously, impeccably done, and the treatment of the finish is perfect. And in fact I was watching some of the episodes these days again!

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Moa said:

Luxury! We will dream of a TV set! We had a discarded cardboard box with a cut-out in the front, rats dressed as Spock, Kirk and Bones, and we would do their voices!

You had rats! Absolute LUXURY! We had to make do with hand puppets, using the light from the flames after our Dad would set fire to all of us. Kids today.... they don't know they're born!

Chris. 

PS: I'd bet that the rats were better actors than Shatner and Co. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Rats were such an extravagance in my my youth!  Rarely did we trudge back from 18 hours of hard labor in the fields to our hovel and manage to catch a fat rodent for our supper! I can almost smell and taste the morsels of skewered rat roasted over a shipping pallet fire next to the open sewer.  People just don't know how good they have it these days!

Merry Xmas!

Bill

• Haha 2