British SEPECAT Jaguar prototype ejector seats

Vicarage Vee

Does anyone have any confirmation as to the mark of ejector seats fitted to XW560 and XW563?  I haven’t been able to trace any definitive answer or a decent picture in any of my references.  Production aircraft had the MB Mk9 of course, but some pictures appear to show what could be a firing handle by the headbox.   Was this some type of ‘early’ Mk9 or did they carry Mk4s like the French ones?

Many thanks for any assistance.

1 hour ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Does anyone have any confirmation as to the mark of ejector seats fitted to XW560 and XW563?  I haven’t been able to trace any definitive answer or a decent picture in any of my references.  Production aircraft had the MB Mk9 of course, but some pictures appear to show what could be a firing handle by the headbox.   Was this some type of ‘early’ Mk9 or did they carry Mk4s like the French ones?

Many thanks for any assistance.

Do these help?

aVnPW1.jpg

aVnLwW.jpg

John

• Thanks 1

Thank you John that certainly is very helpful, they definitely look more Mk4 than Mk9.  It seems that at least XW563 later had a Mk9 in the Jaguar International guise, but I’m looking at their early years (for the Frog kit).

Many thanks again!

Researched the same subject a few years ago for a magazine article and consulted British Aerospace Heritage about the seat and although nobody could recall with great certainty the same conclusion about XW560 and the Mk.4 was reached on the basis of the headbox shape and firing handle using photos in an issue of Flying Review International from the time of the roll-out and first flight.

• Thanks 1