Dornier Do 22Kl 1/72 RS Models

Hi folks,

this is the RS Models kit built in the colors of Finnish Air Force. The DR-196 served till 31.3.1944 when she had to land after the engine failure on the open sea, but the crew was rescued by Tursas steamer. On 23rd June, 1942 this plane also scored a hit on soviet sub SC-406, which eventually escaped damaged.

The kit is pretty good and spot on, but all stands and falls with the proper alignment of the struts system. Unfortunately, some struts had not the correct lenghts or attachement points, but eventually I was able to fix them all (somehow:-). During the build the kit has dropped twice on my workbench causing complete disintegrating of the struts and it was very close to be binned, so I'm quite happly I finished it.

The markings were airbrushed using custom made masks as I did not like the kit's decals. Painted with Gunze Aqueous,

Thanks to Kari Stenman for great help with references!

Cheers

Libor

50730478796_0eeb0a8803_o.jpg

50729745533_7e25025064_o.jpg

50729745598_ffb3d81cfc_o.jpg

50730478826_60bd2769d2_o.jpg

50730478746_de01711fd7_o.jpg

• Like 49

Fantastic.

I'm doing one over on the 'MTO GB' and the struts I am just starting to tackle. They got the fuselage frames the wrong way round I'm sure in the instructions, the front ones are the back ones and vice versa.

Davey.

• Thanks 1

Very nice work, Libor. The scheme really sets it off compared with the usual olive/black 'warpaint' 👍. I can see what you mean about the struts. They could be make or break if misaligned so well done with those.

• Thanks 1