Not my comfort zone GB Chat

AdrianMF

And now we are into the final month! Congratulations on some fine finishes and promising progress.

Somebody needs to get their finger out on an Ark Royal - can't let the side down!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

Here's an 'out of zone ' might have been:

F6AXM5k.jpeg

Had this been in more convenient storage it might have been my entry here.

It's certainly out of my time zone, and into the bargain I have no fondness whatever for the Mustang.

On the other hand, it's a truly weird animacule, which I always like, and needs a covering of foil, which I am quite comfortable with.

But at any rate, now that it's to hand, I expect I'll be taking up for my next build, once the Type 95 and crew is done. And I'm going to have to get cracking to pull all that together by the deadline....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Nice one! Appreciate the effort!!

Regards,

Adrian

It's not co-operating, unfortunately. Spent most of the morning making fresh struts, as I feared I'd have to de, What locating holes there are on the upper wing are misplaced, which has added a bit of spice to the mix.

Still, the upper wing IS going on today....

• Thanks 1

I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit defeat, but blame it on extenuating circumstances, namely having to spend 6 weeks sorting out a house move just after I'd started the build. Its a real shame as I was so looking forward to having a go at this sea going tug, but I've really not got round to doing any modelling again in the new house, trying to find the best location for it still.

There is therefore no chance that I'll be able to complete it for the end of July. I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this :(

Edited by Kallisti
  • Sad 5

17 hours ago, Kallisti said:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit defeat, but blame it on extenuating circumstances, namely having to spend 6 weeks sorting out a house move just after I'd started the build. Its a real shame as I was so looking forward to having a go at this sea going tug, but I've really not got round to doing any modelling again in the new house, trying to find the best location for it still.

There is therefore no chance that I'll be able to complete it for the end of July. I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this :(

Real life has to take priority. Good luck with getting the new place how you want it, there's plenty of time for models after that :)

James

• 2 weeks later...

Just when you thought you were all nearly safe, I've asked for an extension because we seem to have a few projects teetering on the edge. I will let you know how it goes as soon as I find out.

Thanks,

Adrian

• Like 4

I am pleased to announce that the GB has been extended to 13th August, which should give some extra time for those of you who are worried about finishing your builds by the weekend.

Thanks to Enzo for making this happen!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to thank everyone who participated in the GB for bringing so many interesting and unusual subjects, formats and materials. I'm sure we all learned a lot in the GB and I hope it's broadened our horizons a little.

For those who didn't manage to finish, I look forward to seeing the items in either WIP or KUTA at some point - there are some really interesting projects going on.

Thanks especially to my co-hosts @TonyW and @Mr T, and of course to@Enzo the Magnificent for his technical input and administration.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Another GB come and gone, where does all that time go?

This one has been a bit special though. The idea of moving away from the familiar and exploring new frontiers has been very interesting, informative and highly enjoyable. My limitations have been mercilessly revealed but in a way that holds plenty of promise for the future.

Thanks for a first class GB.

Tony.

• Like 4

Thanks for running this, I'm really sorry I wasn't able to complete mine, bloody house moves :( I've only just got round to completing my first build since I moved here, was struggling to find the mojo again after all the disruption. I find it takes time to settle into a new works space as you have to get used to it foibles each time.

• Like 2

Thanks Adrian, it was a 'fun' experience (in the same way that I am about to set off with the walking group in the driving rain), and nice to do something different different. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for suggesting this GB, Adrian. I was probably a bit over-ambitious with my build (and certainly with the scope creep), but it was fun to be part of. And the Dalek WILL be finished. Eventually

James

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 81-er said:

this GB

And thank you for your engagement, acting as our fourth host and cheerleading, as well as providing a challenging and fascinating build!

Dalek variant recognition seems to be almost as rich and challenging a subject as WWII VVS camouflage! 

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@AdrianMF, thanks for suggesting this Group Build. It has been fabulous seeing what we could produce out of it, and they are all brilliant. We had a good number of completions, and top marks to those who did not quite make it to the finishing line. It takes quite a bit to push ourselves that much, and for me at least, it takes a Group Build like this to give me that final push to do something that would probably only stayed in the stash. The amount of help, advice and encouragement really helps in situations like this.

Great builds all, whether finished or no

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...