Not my comfort zone GB Chat

AdrianMF

@Dansk Paul, thanks for the entry and also for thinking outside the box (or is it circle?) with the logo! I will add your name to the list.

When I was away last week and looking in a model shop I spotted a Revell 1/200 excavator kit - finished size over 1m long! My wife let me know in no uncertain terms that this was way out of her comfort zone!

Voting is open. Competition looks tough this year with a super selection of themed GBs to choose from.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

• AdrianMF changed the title to Not my comfort zone GB - Voting is open!

Looking so far like Not My Comfort Zone isn't in enough people's comfort zone. This was my third choice (obviously going to put my own two GBs in the poll first!), I think it's a great opportunity to build something a little bit different and maybe build that kit in your stash that seemed like a good idea at the time but you haven't quite plucked up the courage to build (I know I have a few of those). So come on, vote for Not My Comfort Zone (and Canadian and Emergency! please!).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Voted for this Adrian, hopefully it gets through, as its a great gb for people to ask for and share knowledge, help each other and learn and accomplish new things. All good right. What could be more positive.

• Thanks 1

I have a Japanese resin kit that I bought in a moment of madness at a model-show. Only thing is.... I think I would be banned from BM in an instant, if I posted any photos of it. Let's just say "tentacles" and leave it at that. 

Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 01/11/2021 at 21:44, zebra said:

Not My Comfort Zone isn't in enough people's comfort zone

Succinctly put!

On 02/11/2021 at 16:31, Dansk said:

accomplish new things

Indeed. I try to build a variety of subjects but I realise I've now built 5 Me109s!

On 02/11/2021 at 16:43, spruecutter96 said:

Let's just say "tentacles" and leave it at that

Ahem. A two minute google for "resin kit tentacles" has left me with images I cannot unsee!

Only one of my voted-for GBs is above the line :(This, "raiders of the lost stash" and "parliamo italiano" are just below the line. Let's get some votes out and see if we can't make people less comfortable!

Thanks for all the support so far. It's nice to know that there's life beyond single seat WWII fighters.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

Just now, galgos said:

I’ll be doing that too as soon as I can work out how to “uncast” my Dark Arts vote! 

You need to re-vote for everything. Go to the bunfight poll and at the bottom of the graph, click the Voting Options button

/P

• Thanks 1

Thanks Adrian .  Definitely uncomfortable,  I have a couple in the stash but not completed one yet , I have cut the fuselage sections from one but that was as far as I got, the other is untouched and a biplane too!!! Might as well jump in at the deep end!!!

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mjwomack said:

I'm ready to order from kingkit and the chancellor has personally asked me to save the economy 😳. Come on folks don't let this slip away now

Where’s our Leader…..the troops need rallying……once more into the breach dear friends, more more…..

• Like 1

What better way of learning new things than joining this GB! There will be plenty of help going if you get stuck, and just think what opens up in the Modelling World once you realise that you CAN build that thing after all!

Give it a go, and join us!

All the best, Ray (who is planning a double build of things that scare the heck out of me!)

• Like 3

• AdrianMF changed the title to Not my comfort zone GB - Every Vote Counts!!

Well thanks everyone for making this a contender. We will just have to post our challenging (and more interesting as a result) builds into WIP…

Ultimately, I simply couldn’t compete with free beer and massages. Don’t forget to bill @modelling minion for any expenses incurred!!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• AdrianMF changed the title to Not my comfort zone GB - Pipped at the post!!

I'm not sure if anyone has the appetite to try again with this one for the next year on. What do people think, given that you will all have built yourselves a boring old lovely Century Fighter in the meantime?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Think I'm gonna try and do an out of my comfort zone in another GB Adrian like bare metal foil (I was considering on this GB) as a tip of the hat.

What happens now does the GB get packed away never to be seen again?

edit: our posts coincided at the same time.

so can we revote for it for bunfight 2023?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dansk said:

What happens now

I don't actually know. I think I'll do nothing about it until the start of next year. I might just have to schedule in my PE-fest build into the Maritime section, or I could just clear out my ever-growing shelf of shame!

Regards,

Adrian