Links Not Working

This has been occurring for a week or so now, but when I copy a link address and paste it to the post text, and then post it, the address doesn't appear as a clickable link.

The address text appears but you can't do anything with it?

Anyone else getting this?

Just happed to me about HMS Hermes..... Now the whole thread has disappeared.

Was it something I pasted ????

Dick

On 12/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, 71chally said:

This has been occurring for a week or so now, but when I copy a link address and paste it to the post text, and then post it, the address doesn't appear as a clickable link.

The address text appears but you can't do anything with it?

What browser?

Chrome (and therefore Edge-new) have changed something in the copy-link behaviour recently.

Did you try and copy the URL/address bar content perhaps?

Did you remember to either press space or enter after pasting the link?  If you just hit Submit, it'll remain as text because the editor hasn't had chance to parse the URL :)

On 16/12/2020 at 22:23, jenko said:

Just happed to me about HMS Hermes..... Now the whole thread has disappeared.

Was it something I pasted ????

Dick

Could you go back into your history and pull up the thread there, then make some frivolous post (such as "test"), which might bring it back if it has fallen off the forum listing.  This has happened a few times since the errors began.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Did you remember to either press space or enter after pasting the link?  If you just hit Submit, it'll remain as text because the editor hasn't had chance to parse the URL :)

Could you go back into your history and pull up the thread there, then make some frivolous post (such as "test"), which might bring it back if it has fallen off the forum listing.  This has happened a few times since the errors began.

It was the HMS Hermes thread. Funny thing is, it had all gone back to normal by the morning. The item I pasted was there in all it's glory. 

Farewell HMS Hermes..... - Page 5 - Modern - Britmodeller.com 

Playing up again ^^^ that is a straight copy and paste. and yes I did press space after pasting.

Not  sure whether to add this as a comment or create its own topic,  but it seems that on the main page ( https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/) and all the various subsections, a lot of user profile picture thumbnails seem to be not loading, with around 50% showing the generic 'dead/broken image link' thumbnail.  I can add a pic if needed and not sure if  this is specific just to my  machine /internet connection

44 minutes ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Not  sure whether to add this as a comment or create its own topic,  but it seems that on the main page ( https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/) and all the various subsections, a lot of user profile picture thumbnails seem to be not loading, with around 50% showing the generic 'dead/broken image link' thumbnail.  I can add a pic if needed and not sure if  this is specific just to my  machine /internet connection

I'm getting much of the same. The users without avatars don't have the usual image. My user name at the top right of the screen is displayed twice with one just superimposed over the main Mick4350 just slightly askew. The avatar fills the top left hand portion at about one tenth of the normal size is appears to be a light blue colour with a green semicircle at the bottom with a tiny white cloud above it and there also appears that the top right corner of the picture seems like it wants to turn the page. Its like someone has folded the corner of a books page and its been like this all evening ( six to eight hours or so ).

This on the Desktop using Chrome

Edited by Mick4350

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Ratch said:

My links don't work either, I just used to copy & paste, now no link

Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way - YouTube

This isn't just a forum problem, I've had it in other programs on a win10 laptop

If you paste as normal (control - V) you get:-

as you have found.

However if you paste as plain text (right click and select paste as - plain text, or control - shift - V):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEE5usGodQ

(the forum automatically embedded this, I've switched back to the link to show the difference)

It's a bit of a pain, it looks like it's another attempt by Microsoft to be "helpful" and fix things that ain't broke for us 😞

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

This isn't just a forum problem, I've had it in other programs on a win10 laptop

If you paste as normal (control - V) you get:-

as you have found.

However if you paste as plain text (right click and select paste as - plain text, or control - shift - V):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEE5usGodQ

(the forum automatically embedded this, I've switched back to the link to show the difference)

It's a bit of a pain, it looks like it's another attempt by Microsoft to be "helpful" and fix things that ain't broke for us 😞

Yay it works

Thanks

• Like 1

All my images from these recent treads have vanished mysteriously (or at least, I cannot see them anymore):

1/72 Special Hobby Sd.Kfz 131 Marder II - Ready for Inspection - Armour - Britmodeller.com

1/72 AZ Model Bf-109 G-14AS "5./ JG 27" (new tool 2020) - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

All that's left is small thumbnails.

I am using village.photo as a hosting site.

Any suggestions? 

7 minutes ago, Roman Schilhart said:

All my images from these recent treads have vanished mysteriously (or at least, I cannot see them anymore):

1/72 Special Hobby Sd.Kfz 131 Marder II - Ready for Inspection - Armour - Britmodeller.com

1/72 AZ Model Bf-109 G-14AS "5./ JG 27" (new tool 2020) - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

All that's left is small thumbnails.

I am using village.photo as a hosting site.

Any suggestions? 

Your images all appear OK to me, Roman, but your links aren't working - see my post above about pasting text links.

I photo host on Village Photo as well and their security certificate expired a couple of days ago so all the links have gone down and getting onto the site is a chore through Edge, it makes you feel like you are going to break the Internet or give away all your passwords!

Hopefully Village.photo will sort it quickly otherwise we're into another Photobucket fiasco.

Dave

• Like 1

Yes, the same thing has happened to all of my photos. This happened with VP about a year ago, and once they sorted out the certificate, it all went back to normal. I hope that they sort it soon as VP has been very easy for me to use so far.

John.

• Like 1